If you are looking for how to register your device with PTA online in Pakistan, here is a complete guide on getting your phone activated with PTA. In May 2018, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) launched the Device Identification Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) to ensure the use of legal devices on mobile networks in Pakistan.
Guide to Register with PTA online
With its launch, the PTA ensured that all mobile phones in the country are registered with DIRBS and non-compliant mobile devices, whose 15-digit IMEI is not GSMA Standard Number, remain blocked.
According to the PTA, since the implementation of PTA DIRBS, the usage of counterfeit mobile devices imported into Pakistan through Illegal Channels has witnessed a decrease. It said that in the first 11 months of 2019 (till November 30), 7.64 million Smart Phones were imported via Legal Channels while in 2018, the figure was recorded as 7.24 million.
Apart from it, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority also runs a drive persuading the mobile subscribers to use registered cellular devices only along with the provision of proper guidance i.e. How to Check IMEI of a Mobile Device? or How to Register a Mobile Phone Device?
How To Register Your Mobile Device with PTA?
You only need to register your device in the following scenarios:
- You brought the device from abroad with you while traveling to Pakistan and want to use it within Pakistan for more than 60 days.
- You got your mobile devices (new/used) as a gift from your friend/relative living abroad and want to use it first time on Pakistani mobile network duty.
- Your device has valid IMEI but is not registered with the PTA.
Note: You have to register all SIM/IMEI based devices e.g. Dongle, Mobile phone, Smart Watch, Tablet, etc.
There are three ways you can register your mobile device:
- By dialing USSD Code *8484# from mobile
- By visiting https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs.
- By visiting Franchise/Customer Service Center (CSC) of any Mobile Operator i.e. Jazz, Ufone, Zing & Telenor across Pakistan.
Note: You will be liable to pay all applicable duty/tax which will be assessed by FBR/Custom officials. Your phone will be registered within 24 hours after you pay the tax.
PTA Mobile Register online
PTA Mobile Registration