Buying a mobile phone from abroad and coming back to Pakistan requires a tax amount from you. Many users have asked questions like how to register mobile devices with PTA, how to do PTA IMEI check online, etc. With the new iPhone models coming into the market, iPhone users who are living abroad, or went for a short trip, tend to buy the devices due to early availability in the global market. However, upon returning to Pakistan, they will have to do their iPhone PTA registration first. If you want to know how to register your Apple device with PTA, we have got you covered.
Let’s have a look at the step-by-step guide to register your Apple mobile device with PTA. You can use three of the listed methods to register your device.
How To Do iPhone PTA Registration
- Dial USSD Code *8484# from your mobile
- Visit the PTA website link https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs
- Visit franchise/Customer Service Center (CSC) of any mobile operator i.e. Jazz, Ufone, Zong, and Telenor.
Note: You will be liable to pay all applicable duty/tax which will be assessed by FBR/Custom officials. Your phone will be registered within 24 hours after you pay the tax.
Eligibility for PTA Registration
Here are the scenarios in which you are required to register your device with PTA.
- You brought the device from abroad with you while traveling to Pakistan and want to use it within Pakistan for more than 60 days.
- You got your mobile devices (new/used) as a gift from your friend/relative living abroad and want to use them for the first time on Pakistani mobile network duty.
- Your device has a valid IMEI but is not registered with the PTA.
Note: You have to register all SIM/IMEI-based devices e.g. Dongle, Mobile phone, Smart Watch, Tablet, etc.
Using the above-listed information, you can easily register your iPhone with PTA.