fbpx

Over 100 factory workers hospitalized in Gujranwala after eating poisoned food

-

GUJRANWALA: More than 100 factory workers were hospitalized after consuming poisonous food in Punjab’s Gujranwala town late on Thursday.

The incident happended in Gujranwala’s Eminabad area where hundreds of workers in a factory had meal for sehri in the industrial unit mess. Minutes after consuming the food, health of a large number of labourers destabilized as many of them were fainted.

The workers were rushed to civil hospital Gujranwala where they were given emergency medical treatment. No loss of life was reported.

The workers claimed that the curry they were served was poisonous because of a lizard fell in it during the cooking. However, doctors said that the food was not poisonous but only fearfulness among the workers led them to such unconscious condition.

Medical Superintendent of the hospital Dr. Amanullah said that 20 of the workers were still serious.

Asad Haroon
A netpreneur, blogger and above all; A Human :) Asad tweets from @aghaasadharoon and can also be approached on Google+

Must read

Latest article