You are required to follow the following procedure to transfer ownership of a vehicle, already registered with Excise & Taxation Department Islamabad;
Following are the steps to be followed for transfer of vehicle:
- Complete your documents as mentioned in the below section.
- Deposit the required fee at the designated window of Excise & Taxation Department Islamabad
- Get your documents verified from the designated Excise Inspector
- Obtain the receipt from the relevant Data Entry Operator
Following documents are required along with the application:
- Application for transfer of ownership address to Motor Registration Authority (MRA) / Excise & Taxation Officer (ETO), Islamabad
- Photocopy of CNIC of the Applicant
- Filled and signed ‘Form F’
- Photocopy of NIC of the Seller
- Computerized Transfer Letter
- Transfer of Ownership Form
- (If the registered vehicle’s owner does not appear in person, documents at serial No. 4,5 & 6 should be attested by Class-I officer. It is also mandatory to present the photocopy of CNIC and official phone number of the attesting officer)
- In case of a vehicle leased from a bank or a leasing company, NOC / Transfer Letter is required from relevant bank or leasing company
- An affidavit to the effect that the vehicle is neither stolen nor required in any other case and that the applicant would be himself responsible for any discrepancy pointed afterward
In case of a vehicle registered in any other district, following additional documents would be required:
- Proof of residence in Islamabad
- (Electric/ Sui-Gas/ Telephone bill, NIC, Lease Agreement, Driving License, Registered deed of property, and Allotment Letter/ Office Card (in case of government servant) or Appointment Letter will be acceptable as a residential proof.
- In case an applicant does not have his personal proof of residence and resides with someone else, such latter person must appear in person and submit an affidavit to the effect that the applicant resides with him.
- Photocopy of Registration Book
- Photocopy of complete vehicle registration file
- Original file, if the same has been returned by the relevant Excise & Taxation Department
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) for the transfer of ownership from the relevant Excise & Taxation Department
Advance Tax will be applicable on those vehicles, which have less than five years registration time period, starting from first registration date in Pakistan.
10% desprication per year will be apply on Advance tax.
Source: Excise and Taxation Department Islamabad Website