Kiev: India issues Advisory asking its citizens to immediately leave Donetsk and Lugansk regions in eastern Ukraine . In view of the security situation in Donetsk and Lugansk regions in eastern Ukraine marked by frequent violent clashes, Indian citizens, particularly students, are strongly advised to leave these regions as soon as possible.
2. Indian citizens in the other parts of eastern and southern Ukraine should remain vigilant about their personal safety and security.
3. Indian citizens should avoid non-essential travel to Ukraine for the time being. Indians who decide to travel to Ukraine should invariably check with the concerned Ukrainian Embassy about any new regulations including those requiring visitors to hold a minimum amount of cash to meet expenses for the duration of their visit and restrictions on use of credit and debit cards.
4. The Embassy of India in Kyiv is constantly monitoring the situation and would be posting advisories on its website: www.embassyofindiaukraine.in which should be regularly checked for
5. In addition, Indians in Ukraine, especially students, are strongly advised to register themselves on the Embassy’s website and provide necessary contact details therein. This would facilitate Embassy’s efforts in disseminating relevant information.
6. This advisory is effective till Monday, 16 June 2014.
7. In case of Emergency, the Embassy can be contacted at any time at:
Tel: +380-44-468 6670 & Mobile: +380-933559958 [For Education & Consular related queries]
Tel: +380-44-4686219, 4686661, 4687032 & Mobile: + 380-930913855 [For other queries]
(Please start SUBJECT of email with the word emergency in block letters and bold
i.e. EMERGENCY, followed by subject matter)
— Syed Akbaruddin (@MEAIndia) May 30, 2014