ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Federal Cabinet on Thursday approved placement of FATA Reforms Bill in the National Assembly.
The meeting of the Federal Cabinet was held in Islamabad with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in the Chair.
The Federal Cabinet approved following agenda Items:
- Agreement between the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Government of the Russian Federation on Settlement of Mutual Financial Claims and the Obligations on Operations of the former USSR.
- Amendment in Policy of Commercial Import of Arms and Ammunitions.
- Placement of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) under the Prime Minister Office.
- Establishment of Medical City in Islamabad.
- Amendment in Master Plan of CDA, in Sub-Zone C of Zone IV of Islamabad.
- Signing of Agreement on Technical Cooperation between Pakistan and Brazil.
- MoU between National Vocational & Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) and Territory and Vocational Education Commission of Sri Lanka.
- Approval of Managing Director, Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB), MP-I Scale under Ministry of Information, Technology and Telecommunication.
- Amendment in Section 5 and Section 6 of the PEMRA Ordinance, 2002 as Amended vide PEMRA (Amendment) Act, 2007.
- Appointment of Date of Coming into Force of the University of Baltistan Order, 2016.
- Ratification of Notifications of Tariff Determinations / Decisions by NEPRA issued by Power Division on behalf of Cabinet.
- Implementation of Peshawar High Court Judgment in Writ Petition No.4169 P/2015 on 31-01-2018.
- Deletion of Synthetic Fiber Development and Application Centre (SFDAC) and Plastic Technology Centre (PTC) Karachi from the Administrative Control of Textile Division.
- Approval of the Cabinet to the Signing of Memorandum of Understanding on Water Resources Management between Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Government of Australia.
- Ratification of the Decisions Taken by Cabinet Committee for Disposal of Legislative Cases (CCLC) in its meeting held on May 9, 2018.
- Approval for Legislation for the Establishment of Al-Karam International Institute, Bhera- Placement of the Bill before Parliament.
- Approval for formation of a committee for implementation of the orders of Supreme Court of Pakistan, in Human Rights Case No. 623-P/2017 (in the Matter of Substandard Cardiac Stents)