ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Further 2,545 people tested positive for Coronavirus across Pakistan in the last 24 hours with a positivity ratio of 6.3%, according to the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC).
The latest statistics say that 40,090 tests were carried out on December 16 throughout the Country to diagnose the virus.
In the last 24 hours, 71 COVID patients succumbed to the disease.
The figure of active COVID Cases in the Country is 42,851 while a total of 396,591 people have been recovered from the Coronavirus.
The NCOC says that on December 16, the highest positivity ratio was observed in Karachi 16.59% followed by Peshawar 13.34% and Mirpur 9.40%.
The positivity ratio in various federating units is as:
Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) 11.4%, Balochistan is 14.2%, Gilgit-Baltistan 1.5%, Islamabad 3.6%, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 8.1%, Punjab 3.8%, and Sindh 10.6%
Province wise COVID Positivity Ratio under:-
Mortality Analysis (n=9080)
- *Current Fatality Rate *: 2.02 against 2.22% globally
- Gender: 70% Males
- Age range: Median 61 years)
- 77.5% over the age of 50 years
- 73% had chronic comorbidities
- 91% of the deceased remained hospitalized
- 58% of hospitalized patients remained on the ventilator