RAWALPINDI, Pakistan: Like rest of the Country, faithfuls in Rawalpindi will also celebrate 12th Rabi-Ul-Awwal on Sunday with great religious zeal and fervour, and stage an Eid Milad Un Nabi procession.
The Central Reception Camp for the participants of the main Eid Milad Un Nabi procession will be set up near Jamia Masjid Hanfia.
Below is the route of 12th Rabi-Ul-Awwal procession in Rawalpindi;
Jamia Masjid camp – Jamia Masjid Road – Banni Chowk – Circular Road – Murree Road – Committee Chowk – Iqbal Road – Liaqat Market – Fawara Chowk – Raja Bazar – Dingi Khui – Banswala Chowk – Jamia Masjid Road.
Note: This route is marked with yellow arrows on the Traffic Plan for 12th Rabi-Ul-Awwal procession in Rawalpindi.
- All the Roads coming from Fawara Chowk, Liaqat Road, Iqbal Road, Raja bazar, Gunj mandi Road, Kashmiri bazar and City Saddar Road, Banni Chowk, Jamia Masjid Road, Dangi Khui, Purana Qilla, Bhabra Bazar, Sarafa Bazar, Alam Khan Road, Iqbal Road, China Market. All these will be closed for all kind of traffic.
- During the procession from Murree Road, Marira Chowk, till Chandni Chowk all traffic will be closed.
- Note: During the procession if anyone is travelling from Islamabad to Rawalpindi and is between Kohati Bazar and Committee Chowk, then take the route of Rawal Road, Airport Road or Tipu Road.
- Traffic from Rawalpindi to Islamabad will be diverted from Marrir Chowk – Airport Road – Rawal Road – Chandni Chowk – Islamabad.
- Traffic from Islamabad to Murree Road will be diverted from Aghaz Flyover – Chandni Chowk – Rawal Road turn – Rawal Road.
- Traffic from Liaqat Bagh to Fawara Chowk will be diverted from DAV College – Gawal Mandi.
For any kind of guidance regarding the traffic plan, call Traffic Police helpline 051 – 9272839