RAWALPINDI, Pakistan: The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Friday announced that seven Major Generals in Pakistan army had been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Generals.
In a statement issued in Rawalpindi on Friday, the ISPR said that following seven Major General have been promoted to Lt Generals:
- Major General Nadeem Raza; Presently is Commandant of Pakistan Military Academy (PMA).
- Major General Humayun Aziz; Presently is Director General Welfare and Rehabilitation (DG W&R) at army’s general headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi.
- Major General Naeem Ashraf; Presently posted at National Defence University (NDU), Islamabad.
- Major General Muhammad Afzal; Presently is Director General Frontier Works Organization (FWO).
- Major General Sher Afgun; Presently is Inspector General Frontier Corps (FC) Balochistan.
- Major General Qazi Ikram; Presently is Director General Personnel Services (DG PS) at GHQ.
- Major General Bilal Akbar; Presently is Director General Sindh Rangers.
Earlier on December 7, Lieutenant General Shahid Baig Mirza was posted as Corps Commander Karachi while Lieutenant General Ghayur Mehmood was posted as Military Secretary.