*With effect from July 1, 2011
Salaries and Allowances of the Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan
|Salary & Allowances||Chief Justice of Pakistan||Supreme Court Judges|
|Salary||Rs 448,221*||Rs 423,414|
|Superior Judicial Allowance||Rs 196,219*||Rs 196,219|
|House Rent||Rs 68,000 (if official residence not provided)||Rs 68,000 (if official residence not provided)|
|Medical Allowance||15% of Salary||15% of Salary|
*With effect from July 1, 2011
- Chauffer driven car with 600 liters petrol
- Free medical treatment along with family
- Rent free residence maintained by the government with provision of electricity, gas and water.
TA & DA of Supreme Court Judges while on tour in connection with official business:
Rates of daily allowance
- Rs 3,000 per diem Special Rate
Concessions of long tours: When proceeding on a tour within Pakistan exceeding five days in during, a Judge may –
- Take his wife with him in his railway saloon, or other reserved accommodations, by rail or sea, without payment of fare; and
- If accompanied by hi wife on a journey by air, charge one extra fare of the class by which she actually travels but no charge for extra luggage transported by air beyond the free allowances may be made.
Note: A return air-ticket will be purchased for the wife wherever possible.
- Rs 6 per kilometer
- Equal to one month’s pay if a Judge has a family and equal to half month’s pay if a Judge has no family.
|4,500 kilograms if a Judge has a family||0.83 paisa per kilometer per kilogram|
|2,140 kilograms if a Judge has no family||Rs 1.66 per kilometer pre unit 20 kilograms|
|All the above privileges are free of income tax|
Journey on Duty
- If a Judge while on Circuit Bench doesn’t avail a car of the provincial government or a hired one by the Supreme Court, he will have the option to be reimbursed for additional petrol to the extent of five liters per day for the period during which his roaster is fixed at a Bench outside Islamabad plus two days for arrival and departure if the same do not fall within the roaster (excluding the day of departure from and arrival at Islamabad) Provided the Hon’ble Judge concerned is unable to meet his total monthly requirement of the petrol within the limit of 400 liters.
Pension and other Perks & Privileges for retired Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan
- A Judge is entitled to the minimum amount of pension equal to 70% of the salary determined by the President from time to time payable to the Chief Justice, or as the case may be, a Judge plus 5% of the said salary of each completed year of service either as the Chief Justice or as the Judge not exceeding the maximum amount of pension equal to 85% of the said salary.
- Deployment of one security guard at the retired judge’s residence by concerned police round the clock
- The Judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan are entitled to purchase of official vehicle in their use on their retirement at depreciated value.
Judge’s widow receives
A Judge on retirement and after his death, his widow shall be entitled to the following benefits;
- Service of a driver and an orderly or to draw a Special Additional Pension equal to the pay and allowances of a contingent driver
- 3,000 free local telephone calls per month
- 2,0000 units for electricity as well as 25 hm3 of gas per month and free supply of water
- 300 liters of petrol per month
All the above benefits entitled to a retired judge or a widow are free of income tax.
Note: The above information was submitted to the Senate on August 5, 2022 by the Minister for Law and Justice Azam Nazeer Tarar.