PESHAWAR, Pakistan: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) dissident lawmakers presented 11-point demands to party Chief Imran Khan which included sacking of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervaiz Khattak and ministers on corruption charges, revitalizing the Provincial Ehtesab Commission and abolition of the posts of parliamentary secretaries for ending political bribe.
Talking to the state-run news agency, the PTI’s member of National Assembly Dawar Kundi leading the dissidents group said that they presented a detailed report to Imran Khan and demanding on the implementation on the party manifesto and Constitution for ensuring good governance in the province.
To a question, he said that they received a positive response from Imran Khan over their demands.
“We have no meeting scheduled with Imran Khan,” he explained when asked.
The dissidents while expressing deep concerns over the poor performance of PTI led-coalition government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa were of the view that the party would collapse in the next general elections if the things were not on right track and peoples’ confidence was restored.
They cited weak accountability process, unfair distribution of Annual Development Programme (ADP) funds and massive corruption in the government departments as the root causes of the failure of PTI government in KPK.
The dissidents demanded action against corrupt elements pointed out by former Director General KPK Ehtesab Commission and former Director Anti-Corruption Department Ziaullah Khan Toru besides Chairman PEDO Shakeel Durrani.
11-point demands presented by PTI dissident lawmakers are as under:
- Implementation of PTI ideology including wherein accountability, local government, merit and good governance top the list.
- There is total contradiction in the priorities of provincial government and party ideology. Party graph is dropping day by day, creating unrest among the workers and masses. Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the ministers should resign or the party leadership should take action against them.
- The KPK government should ensure judicious utilization of development funds and initiate action against those responsible for unjust distribution of ADP funds in the previous budgets
- Giving funds to the opposition parties should be avoided and the provincial government should stop favouring opposition parties.
- Unfair distribution of irrigation funds should be stopped and 50 percent of the same should be diverted to health and education departments.
- The KPK government should take notice of the press conference of Qaumi Watan Party (QWP) leaders wherein PTI District President Zahoor Khan has announced joining of QWP. Moreover, QWP MPA Bakht Baider should also withdraw case from high court against PTI Chief Imran Khan. QWP coalition partner of PTI in KPK government.
- Conduction of investigation into appointments without merit since 2013 and responsible ministers should be taken to task.
- The posts of parliamentary secretary in KPK government was being used as political bribe on which millions of rupees were spent from provincial kitty which is against PTI manifesto therefore the posts of all the parliamentary secretaries should be abolished forthwith
- Advisor to the Chief Minister on Prisons should be removed from the post after he found guilty of induction of 876 illegal appointments in Prison Department.
- Taking of action against those who have been pointed out by the former DG Ehtesab Commission General (retd) Hamid Khan, former Director Anti-Corruption Establishment Ziaullah Khan Toru and ex-Chairman PEDO Shakeel Durrani on corruption.
- Immediate holding of intra-party elections and nomination of the office bearers for interim period after taking the party office bearers into confidence.