Pakistan condemns blast at an election rally in Nangarhar

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Pakistan has strongly condemned a suicide blast at an election rally in Nangarhar, Afghanistan’s eastern province, which resulted in loss of precious lives and injuries to many others.

Earlier in the day, at least 13 persons were killed while over 30 received injuries when a suicide bomber blew himself up at the rally of Parliamentary Candidate Abdul Nasir Mohmand in Nangarhar’s Kama district.

“We express our heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives and pray for early recovery of the injured,” said a statement issued by the Foreign Office in Islamabad on Tuesday.

13 people dead in blast at an election rally in Nangarhar

The statement said that we reiterate our strong condemnation of the terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and express solidarity with the people and government of Afghanistan in this hour of grief.

“We believe, such cowardly acts cannot deter the people of Afghanistan from exercising their democratic right to elect their representatives,” it said. “Pakistan will continue supporting the Afghan people and the government for durable peace and security in the Country.”

Abdul Nasir Mohmand had been running his campaign as an Independent Candidate to vie in Afghanistan’s Parliamentary Elections slated to be held on October 20.

READ  Jamshed Dasti indicted in the fake degrees case