All About MTMIS System
It stands for Motor Transport Management Information System and it is an online vehicle verification system created by the Government of Pakistan to make the process of verifying and registering vehicles easier. It doesn’t matter which city you are in, it allows you to not only surf out relevant information regarding your vehicle or the one you intend to buy but verify it to make sure there is nothing shady.
Why MTMIS Online Verification System?
Most of the people who had been following the old method of car verification and purchase question of why there was a need to go online. With this online system, the records of numerous aspects of motor vehicle laws and automobile taxation are saved on the database over the web. The motor vehicle examinations, integrated computerization of motor vehicle registrations, issuance of driving licenses, issuance of route permits and fitness certifications, automation of criminal records, and enforcement of traffic rules and laws have all been made online under this system.
Among other things:
- It helps increase transparency in vehicle registration and transference, reduces the hassle and enables fast communication
- Increase in revenues
- Better public service
- It is a one-stop solution for agencies and users
How To Use?
Every major province has its own online vehicle verification portal. All the data of the vehicles purchased within that province are stored in their respective websites by the Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control Department. If you wish to use the system, it is quite simple.
- Go to the respective online vehicle verification website of the province following our guidelines on MTMIS Punjab, MTMIS CPLC Sindh, MTMIS Islamabad, MTMIS KPK and Azad Kashmir
- Then, simply enter the registration number of the vehicle you wish to get the details of on the main page
- When you enter the registration number, press search and the system will go through all the records to pull up the information in the result of that query
- The online portal will then display the following information to you: Registration Date, Model Year, Engine Number, Owner’s Name (Individual or Company), Tax paid or tax due, Vehicle body type, CPLC Clearance (For Sindh only), and Final remarks
- There will be a second table with the details of the Owner including Owner Name, Father Name, and the City will also appear on the screen. All the owners including the previous ones will be shown as well
Depending on which part of the country you belong to, this online verification process might involve going to the excise department and paying the fees.
How To Use MTMIS?
The information you get through this online verification system can be super crucial for you especially when you are selling or buying a vehicle. It shows you any issues with unpaid taxes or tokens so you are well aware in advance. If you do not know about this expenditure in advance, you might have to spend an extra amount of money after you have purchased the vehicle. Especially for the luxury cars, the taxes and tokens are quire high, hence this process can save the day for you.
Moreover, another significant thing you can check is the chances of any duplicity of the vehicle’s number plates. It will also show if the car has been cleared from the security agencies or not. It is a great initiative by the government of Pakistan to make sure the process of online verification of the vehicle can be carried out within a matter of minutes. You save yourself from the hassle of purchasing a vehicle that has a bogus history. Therefore, the online vehicle verification initiative is a great shift from manual to an online database, which is making everyone’s lives easier.
Unfortunately, online vehicle verification is not available for the residents of Baluchistan yet.