Iftar tables are when the whole family gathers around and breaks their fast together. This unifies the familial bonds especially when the food is made out of love and care for all. Bring innovative taste into your life with tasty Iftar recipes 2023. So, learn to make Hyderabadi Dahi Baray which is very simple and will taste amazing.
To make Hyderabadi Dahi Baray recipes, there are a few steps that you need to prepare one by one. It is better if you do not mess up your kitchen by starting everything at once. So, here are step-by-step directions.
Step 1: Prepare Dahi (Yogurt Mixture) for Hyderabadi Dahi Baray
- Yoghurt (Dahi)- 400 grams
- Zeera Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Lal Mirch Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Namak- 1/2 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Crushed Green Chilli- 1 teaspoon
- Water- 1 Cup or as required
- Take a bowl and add yoghurt to it.
- Whisk it well to dissolve the curd.
- Then add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Once everything is done, add water and put it in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Prepare Bhalay
- Besan (Gram Flour)- 1 and a half cups
- Roasted and crushed zeera- 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Salt- 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Ajwain- 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking soda- 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Haldi- 1/2 teaspoon
- Sabut Dhania (Coriander seeds)- 1 teaspoon
- Hara Dhania- 1 tablespoon
- Water- 1 cup or as required to reach the desired consistency
- In a large bowl, add besan and all other ingredients and mix well.
- After mixing all ingredients, start adding water to make the batter smooth.
- Keep stirring the batter for 2-3 minutes to remove any lumps.
- To check if your mixture is ready to make Hyderabadi Dahi Baray, drop 1 teaspoon of water in water, if it sinks to the surface, beat it again. And if it keeps floating, your batter is ready to be fried.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Then, pour the mixture into the oil using a small ladle.
- Fry the barays on medium-low flame.
- When they turn golden brown, take them out of the oil, strain extra oil and put them in lukewarm water.
- Let them stay in water for 6-7 minutes until they are nice and soft.
- Then, take them out and gently squeeze excess water.
- Then, place baray in a serving dish.
Step 3: Tarka
- Cooking oil-3-4 tablespoon
- Rai Dana (Mustard seeds)- 1/2 teaspoon
- Sukhi Lal Mirch (Dried Chili)- 3 to 4
- Curry patta- 12 to 15
- Cumin seeds (Zeera)- 1 teaspoon
- Take a small frying pan and heat the oil in it.
- Pour in all the ingredients and mix well.
- And your tarka is ready.
Step 4: Assembling
The last and final step is to assemble all the things together to make your tasty Hyderabadi Dahi Baray.
- Place all your prepared barays in a serving dish.
- Then pour yoghurt on top of it until they are fully soaked.
- Add your Tarka and garnish it with mint leaves and chat masala.
- Your Hyderabadi Dahi Baray is all ready to serve.
For more Iftar recipes 2023, read: