Ramadan is approaching to deliver the best times to everyone. One of the many perks of Ramadan is food. This holy month is incomplete without families sitting down together during Iftar and suhoor. Normally, Pakistani make pakoras, fruit chat and Rooh Afza for Iftar. But, this year you can see up your Iftar game with new recipes. So, try out the chicken cheese roll recipe that you will love this Ramadan.
Ingredients of Chicken Cheese Roll Recipe
To make Chicken Cheese Rolls, you need the following ingredients:
- Cooking Oil- 2 tablespoon
- Chopped Garlic- 1/2 tbs
- Boiled and Shredded Chicken- 250 gm
- Boiled corn kernels (optional)- 1 and 1/4 cup
- Chopped Spring Onion (Hara Piyaz) leaves – 1/2 cup
- Crushed red chilli – 1 and a half teaspoon
- Salt- 1 teaspoon or add as per your taste
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Capsicum (Shimla Mirch) chopped – 1/2 cup
- Onion Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Cream- 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese- 1/2 cup
- Cheddar cheese- 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour (Maida)- 1 and a half teaspoon
- Water 1-2 tablespoon
- Roll Sheets
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Take a wok or a big pan so it is easier to stir the ingredients.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and garlic until it is golden brown.
- Then add boiled and shredded chicken and kernels and give it a stir.
- Now add red chilli, salt, black, pepper, and onion powder and mix well.
- Then cook the ingredients for 2-3 mins.
- Lower the flame and add capsicum, spring onion, and cream, then mix and cook for a minute.
- Once, everything is mixed, turn off the flame and put it aside.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- After it is cool down, mix mozzarella and cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Take all-purpose flour and mix it with water to make a slurry.
- To make assembling easier and mess-free, take a baking tray and line it with cling film. If you do not have a cling film, you can oil the tray.
- Add the mixture to the tray and spread it evenly.
- Then put the tray in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Take it out after 30 mins and cut the pieces according to the size of your rolls.
- Then take the roll sheet and place the pieces of the mixture in the middle of the sheet.
- Fold the sheet from both sides and apply flour slurry on the surface of the sheet.
- Roll up the sheet and there your Chicken Cheese roll recipe is complete.
- For frying, add cooking oil to the frying pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Fry the rolls till they are crispy and golden brown.
- You can store these rolls in the freezer for up to a month.
You can enjoy this tasty Chicken Cheese Roll recipe this Ramadan with your friends and family. So, add something new to your Ramadan recipes.