Israel’s offensive on Gaza: Death toll reaches 122

Gaza-attacks

GAZA CITY: A total of 122 Palestinians including many women and children have been killed and more than 800 others injured since Israeli launched airstrikes on the Gaza strip five days ago.

The Gaza health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said that the latest airstrike killed three in the eastern Tufah neighbourhood of Gaza City on Saturday.

Israel launched its so-called ‘Operation Protective Edge’ on Gaza on July 8 in an attempt to halt cross-border rocket fire attacks by Hamas.

Earlier, the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared to continue airstrikes on the Palestinians despite international pressure to stop them.

In a statement, Netanyahu said that no international pressure will prevent us from acting with all power.

Netanyahu said that Israel has so far attacked more than 1,000 targets. He said that Israel is using twice the force it used during a similar operation in 2012.

READ  Punjab: Eight injured as passenger van catches fire in Layyah

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.