Islamabad, Pakistan: Indian rulers are terrorists, said Foreign Minister of Pakistan Kh Asif while addressing an urgent press conference here on Monday.
Responding to brutal killings of youth in Indian held Kashmir that took place on the night of Saturday and Sunday, Foreign Minister of Pakistan Kh Asif said that Pakistan would utilize all available diplomatic channels to help Kashmiris who are fighting for the right of self determination accepted by United Nations through several UN resolutions but India is using brutal force to snub wave of freedom in Indian occupied Kashmir.
He stated that struggle for freedom in Indian occupied Kashmir is nor led by Kashmiri youth after the martyrdom of Burhan Wani last year and now this indigenous movement cannot be suppressed through use of force.
Responding to a question regarding the role of United Nations, said that UN was not playing its role and is keeping quite on the genocide and purge of Kashmiris and UN is becoming non-entity due to its indifferent response to Kashmir and Palestinian issues.
Foreign Minister of Pakistan Kh Asif informed media persons that Pakistan would send delegation to different countries to highlight Kashmir issue.
Earlier, Federal Cabinet of Pakistan in a Special sitting passed following Resolution to support Kashmir Cause:
- The Federal Cabinet strongly condemned the brutal and in discriminatory use of force by the Indian occupation forces that resulted in the martyrdom of more than 20 innocent Kashmiris in Shopian and Anantnag in the Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir.
- The Federal Cabinet emphatically condemned the suspension of communication services, especially the internet in the valley, and underscored that such reprehensible Indian attempts aimed at silencing the voice of the Kashmiris from reaching the international community would never succeed.
- The Federal Cabinet paid a rich tribute to the brave and resilient people of Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir who have been continuously demonstrating against the brutal repression, incarceration, torture and extra-judicial killing perpetrated by the illegal occupation Indian forces.
- The Federal Cabinet emphatically condemned the draconian laws, including POTA, TADA, PSA and AFSPA imposed by India in Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir. It further stressed that the deteriorating situation in IoK and the Indian escalation at the Working Boundary and the LoC is a flashpoint and a threat to regional peace and tranquility.
- Expressing solidarity with the people of Jammu and Kashmir the Federal Cabinet urged the international community to take cognizance of the gross and systematic human rights violations of the Kashmiris in IOK and requested the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights and the OIC Independent Permanent Human Rights Commission to send Fact Finding missions to the Indian occupied Jammu & Kashmir.
- The Cabinet also reiterated the Prime Minister’s request to the UN Secretary General to appoint a Special Envoy for Jammu and Kashmir with a mandate flowing from the unimplemented UN Security Council resolutions.
- The Federal Cabinet also decided to send special envoys of the Prime Minister, including the President of Azad Jammu Kashmir, to selected capitals to highlight the deteriorating situation in IoK.
- The Federal Cabinet declared that 6 April 2018 be observed as Kashmir Solidarity Day in support of our Kashmiris brothers and sisters against Indian brutalities. Some Cabinet members would participate in the Joint Session of the AJK Legislative Assembly on 4 April 2018.