ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Ministry of Human Rights has issued guidelines for the protection of children during the Coronavirus (COVID–19) to create public awareness.
The following are the guidelines;
- Parents can help children at home in their studies due to the closure of educational institutions.
- Parents must motivate their children to wash their hands again and again for 20 seconds.
- If any person in the family possess symptoms of Coronavirus must self-isolate to protect children and other family members.
- If you find symptoms of Coronavirus cough, flu, and fever in children, immediately contact your doctor.
- In case of any concerns, you can contact helpline 1099 of the Ministry of Human Rights for guidance.
- You must encourage your children to communicate and talk in case you find any symptoms of stress in children.
- The symptoms of stress are lack of sleep, hunger and sadness.
- You can contact on helpline of the Ministry of Human Rights in case of any physical and psychological problem in your children.
- Children can be victims of secondary effects of Coronavirus.
- The closure of schools and playgrounds has led to increased use of the internet among children. It is important to ensure that your children and family members have access to correct information related to Coronavirus.
- It is also important to keep a check that children do not become a victim of some online misconduct.
- Parents must encourage their children to keep in touch with their teachers and friends through phone and video chat.
- The awareness material is shared through official social media accounts of the Ministry of Human Rights.
— Ministry of Human Rights (@mohrpakistan) May 7, 2020