To apply online at Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad, follow these steps:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, universities are taking admission applications online, therefore in order to apply at Quaid-i-Azam University, you first have to open the link http://ugadmissions.qau.edu.pk/oas/app/register.aspx.
From this like you will have to make an ID and then sign in using the ID from the following link http://ugadmissions.qau.edu.pk/oas/app/signin.aspx.
The first step is to select the program. Now here you have 3 choices/3 priorities for example you can select computer sciences as your 1st priority, BS IT as 2nd and BSCS as 3rd.
You can elect 3 priorities on merit and 3 on self-finance (priorities of self-finance should be the same as merit)
The second step will include your personal information such as name, district, CNIC, birth date, etc.
It will also require a picture which should be of passport size and should be in a digital copy so that it can be uploaded (size less than 5kb).
In this step at the end, you will be asked for a reserved seat if you belong to a minority group, special (disabled) persons or outstanding sports persons be sure to select the option.
The third step is to fill your academic info which will include your degree, board, and your total marks.
Note: Only people with 50 percent or a high percentage will be able to apply (the eligibility criteria is 50%).
The next step is of attachments of your documents which include but not limited to,
- CNIC of Father/Parents/Guardian.
- Copy of SSC (Matriculation) Examination Marks Sheet or equivalent.
- Copy of HSSC (Intermediate) Part-I Marks Sheet or equivalent.
- CNIC OR Form B in case of under 18-years of age.
- Domicile Certificate of candidate OR of father/mother if the applicant is under 18-years of age and his/her name is included in it.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Minority Certificate issued by the Principal of last attended Institute (for applicants of Minority Reserved Seats)
- Original HBL/Askari Bank Deposit Slip of Rs 2,100/- (For Admission Processing Charges & Admission Form of QAU), you have to take a print from any photocopy shop and then after the fee submission take a picture and attach it in the option.
Note: The following document is a must if you belong to a minority group (Minority Certificate issued by the Principal of last attended Institute (for applicants of Minority Reserved Seats).
Some colleges, “Steps College Rawalpindi” in particular might hesitate to give this document for no apparent reason.
However, instead, they would give you a hope certificate but here you need the minority group certificate so be sure to take that document because it is a requirement.