If you are intending to visit the United States and want to apply for a visit visa (nonimmigrant visa), you need to obtain the required form for nonimmigrant visa – which is (DS-160) nonimmigrant visa form – and fill that.
The (DS-160) nonimmigrant visa form can only be filled online from the following site https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx.
What the online form requires and documents to be attached with;
- One passport size photo (requirements http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-niv-photoinfo.asp)
- A passport with six-month validity
- Bank statement (to check your financial history for the past 6 months)
- Employment history (in case, if you are a businessman)
- Academic record.
Next step is to pay the visa fee. The fee per person is US$160 which is about 25,000 Pakistani rupees. The fee is to be submitted only in any Allied Bank Branch across which is designated by the American Embassy in Islamabad.
Before the appointment for an interview and before you access the payment options you have to register on the following applicant site.
Take the following steps to login into the applicant site;
- To create a profile follow the link, and click on new user.https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Pakistan
- After creating a profile, on the payment screen, click on Payment Options. Review the Cash at Bank section for further details.
- Click on Schedule My Appointment option on the left-hand side of your screen. Complete steps for Visa Type, Post, Visa Category and Visa Class.
- Once you have paid the fee, it is nonrefundable.
- Save the bank receipt for your records. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will need the receipt number on the bank receipt to schedule your visa appointment.
- After paying your visa fee, you can schedule your interview after 11:00am Pakistan Standard Time (PST) in the next business days. Log-in to your profile and complete the Schedule Your Appointment steps with your receipt number.
- While paying the fee remember, cheques are not accepted. Print and carry the applicable US visa deposit slips with you.
The receipt number is to be filled in your visa application profile which will then generate a 10-digit barcode number from your confirmation page.
Required documents for the interview;
- Interview application form
- 10-digit confirmation page copy
- Your current and valid Pakistani passport
- Valid NIC
- Old passports
- If children studying in any school a letter confirming their attendance in school is needed
- Your six-month bank statements. A complete plan of your travel (when and where you wish to travel for example will you land in New York? How many days will you spend there)
- If you have relatives and family there, their names and addresses
- Your employment-related documents
In case, if you are the owner of a company;
- You need to take your tax returns papers
- A bank statement which maintains how much money you make each month
- The number of employees in your company
- Your business card
- Your company’s number and address
In case, if you are employed in a company;
- You need to state how much money you make each month
- The name and address of your company
- Your investment records like property, car etc.
For any further information you can consult the following links;