Get your Driving License Online with DLMIS
Getting a driver’s license in Pakistan without a problem has always been a point of discussion among drivers. While many drivers waited long in the authorized centres, others continued to drive without a license. Here is an easy way to apply and track your request through DLIMS Tracking.
However, with the recent developments and reforms to implement traffic laws, many vehicle owners are rushing to license centres to get their licenses. If we review the former practices, any candidate who wished to apply for a driving license had to visit the authorized centre with the necessary personal documents. While this may be true, candidates had to pay a lot of visits and appear for a driving test to get the license successfully. Did you know the government has made it relatively easier for drivers to get their rights? If not, let us share the good news. With the launch of the government’s Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS), you can now easily apply for a license online and receive it at your doorstep. In this article, we have gathered all the details for you to use and verify your driving license online, along with DLIMS Tracking. By the end of the article, you will also be able to find out how to track driving license delivery online through DLIMS. Let’s get started!
How to Apply for a New Driving License Through DLIMS Punjab
To apply for your driver’s license online, go to the DLIMS website and start by clicking the ‘Apply Now button on the home page. You can find the complete list of required documents (that you must take to the centre) on the DLIMS website.
It would be best to mention that you can find different options on the website. These include Learner’s permit, Permanent license, International license, Duplicate license, Endorsement of a request, and permit renewal.
Please note: To be eligible for a driver’s license, you must be at least 18 to apply for a Learner’s permit. The validity of the Learner’s permit is six months.
List of Documents Required for Permanent License
- Original Learner’s permit of at least six weeks
- Application form available on DLIMS
- Medical certificate
- Three passport size recently attested photographs
- An attested copy of CNIC
- Paste a ticket of the mentioned fee on the license document
Permanent License Fee
- For a motorcycle, the driving test fee is PKR 50, and the issuance fee of a driving license for five years is PKR 500. This makes it a total of PKR 550 to get permanent support for a motorcycle.
- For a car, the driving test fee is PKR 150, and the issuance fee of a driving license for five years is PKR 750, which means the total cost of getting a driving license for a car is PKR 900.
You first need a learner’s permit to get your driving license. You can easily apply for the Learner’s permit on DLIMS.
List of Documents Required for Learner’s Permit
- A copy of the National Identity Card
- A Ticket of Rs.60 from any post office.
- Get a codebook of traffic rules & regulations from the Traffic Police Office.
- A medical certificate from any authorized medical practitioner
Verification of Driving License
If you have a driver’s license and want to verify its status, you can easily do that through DLIMS. All you need to do is to add your CNIC to the portal. Once you do it, the system will require you to testify the captcha text. Upon successfully submitting the captcha, you can find the details of your license, including issuance date, validity, and expiration date.
Please note: If the system gives a message ‘No data found’, you may need to recheck your entered CNIC number and click the Track button again.
If you want to apply for a duplicate driving license, you must bring the following documents.
List of Documents Required for Duplicate License
- I filled out an identical application form
- An attested copy of CNIC
- 2 attested most recent photographs
- The expiry date of the license from the computer section
- FIR (Lost License report) from the police station
Fee for Duplicate License
- For a motorcycle, the cost is PKR 100
- For a motorcar, you need to pay PKR 150
To apply for the renewal of your driver’s license, you will need the following documents.
List of Documents Required for License Renewal
- Copy of CNIC
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Medical certificate (issued by an authorized medical practitioner)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (only for the candidates of the age of 50 years or above)
- Application form
- Original Driving License
- Relevant tickets
- After passing the test, Rs. 180 on the STR form must be deposited in the branch.
Update: Some unofficial reports only biometric-verified CNIC holders can get a driver’s license in Pakistan. Apart from that, there is another law we would like to highlight: if you have a driver’s license or are underage and get involved in an accident where someone is killed, an FIR for murder will be registered against the driver.