Getting a driver’s license in Pakistan without a problem has always been a point of discussion among drivers. While many drivers spent hours of long waiting in the authorized centres, others continued to drive without having a license at all. However, with the recent developments and reforms made to implement traffic laws, a lot of vehicle owners are rushing to license centres to get their license. If we review the former practices, any candidate who wished to apply for driving license had to visit the authorized centre with necessary personal documents. While this may be true, candidates had to pay a lot of visits and appear for a driving test to get the license successfully. Did you know that the government has made it quite simpler for drivers to get their license? If not, let us share the good news. With the launch of government’s Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS), you can now easily apply for license online and receive it at your doorstep. In this article, we have gathered all the details for you to apply and verify your driving license online. By the end of the article, you will also be able to find out how to track driving license delivery online through DLIMS. Let’s get started!
Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS)
The DLIMS is a government based online portal that operates as a one-stop-service for all your license related needs. With the help of this online portal, you can apply for a driving license, renew it, and upgrade it by following a set of simple steps. Moreover, you can also track the delivery status of your driving license online with the help of DLIMS.
The launch of DLIMS is indeed a huge step of relief for vehicle owners across Pakistan. Applicants do not have to wait in long queues and spend hours of valuable time in the authorized centres.
To get your driving license, you first need to have a learner’s permit. You can easily apply for the learner’s permit on DLIMS.
How to Apply for Driving License Through DLIMS
To apply for your driver’s license online, you need to go to the DLIMS website and start with clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the home page. You can find the complete list of required documents (that you need to take along with you to the centre) on the DLIMS website.
It is important to mention that you can find different options on the website to choose from. These include Learner’s permit, Permanent license, International license, Duplicate license, Endorsement of license, and Renewal of license.
Please note: In order to be eligible for driver’s license, you need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for learner’s permit. The validity of the learner’s permit is 6 months.
List of Documents Required for Learner’s Permit
- A copy of National Identity Card
- A Ticket of Rs.60 from any post office.
- Get a code book of traffic rules & regulation from Traffic Police Office
- A medical certificate from any authorized medical practitioner
List of Documents Required for Permanent License
- Original learner’s permit of at least 6 weeks
- Application form available on DLIMS
- Medical certificate
- 3 passport size recent attested photographs
- An attested copy of CNIC
- Paste a ticket of mentioned fee on license document
Permanent License Fee
- For a motorcycle, the driving test fee is PKR 50 and the issuance fee of a driving license for a period of 5 years is PKR 500. This makes it a total of PKR 550 for getting a permanent license for motorcycle.
- For a car, the driving test fee is PKR 150 and the issuance fee of a driving license for a period of 5 years is PKR 750, which means the total fee of getting a driving license for a car is PKR 900.
Verification of Driving License
If you have a driver’s license and want to verify its status, you can easily do that through DLIMS. All you need to do is to add your CNIC on the portal. Once you do it, the system will require you to testify the captcha text. Upon successful submission of the captcha, you will be able to find the details of your license including issuance date, validity, and expiration date.
How to Track your Driver’s License Delivery Online
If you have applied for a driver’s license through DLIMS, you can easily track its delivery status online by entering your CNIC without dashes on the tracking portal of DLIMS. After entering your CNIC, click on the Track button to see the status of your driving license delivery.
Please note: If the system gives a message ‘No data found’, you may need to recheck your entered CNIC number and click on the Track button again.
If you want to apply for a duplicate driving license, you need to bring the following documents.
List of Documents Required for Duplicate License
- Filled out duplicate application form
- An attested copy of CNIC
- 2 attested most recent photographs
- Expiry date of license from the computer section
- FIR (Lost License report) from the police station
Fee for Duplicate License
- For a motorcycle, the fees is PKR 100
- For a motorcar, you need to pay PKR 150
To apply for renewal of your driver’s license, you will need the following documents.
List of Documents Required for License Renewal
- No charges for renewal of license within one month
- 50% fine will be charged after a month and before 90 days
- If 90 days have passed then 100% fine will be charged