Getting a driver’s license in Pakistan without a problem has always been a point of discussion among drivers. While many drivers spent long waiting hours in the authorized centres, others continued to drive without a license. However, with the recent developments and reforms made to implement traffic laws, many vehicle owners are rushing to license centres to get their license. If we review the former practices, any candidate who wished to apply for a driving license had to visit the authorized centre with necessary personal documents. While this may be true, candidates had to pay a lot of visits and appear for a driving test to get the license successfully. Did you know that the government has made it relatively simpler for drivers to get their licenses? If not, let us share the good news. With the launch of the government’s Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS), you can now easily apply for a license online and receive it at your doorstep. In this article, we have gathered all the details for you to use and verify your driving license online, along with DLIMS Tracking. By the end of the article, you will also be able to find out how to track driving license delivery online through DLIMS. Let’s get started!
Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS)
The DLIMS is a government-based online portal that operates as a one-stop service for all your license-related needs. With the help of this online portal, you can apply for a driving license, renew it, and upgrade it by following a set of simple steps. Moreover, you can also track the delivery status of your driving license online with the help of DLIMS.
The launch of DLIMS is a massive relief step for vehicle owners across Pakistan. Applicants do not have to wait in long queues and spend hours of valuable time in the authorized centres.
You first need to have a learner’s permit to get your driving license. You can easily apply for the Learner’s permit on DLIMS.
How to Apply for Driving License Through DLIMS
To apply for your driver’s license online, you need to go to the DLIMS website and start by clicking on the ‘Apply Now button on the home page. You can find the complete list of required documents (that you need to take along with you to the centre) on the DLIMS website.
It is essential to mention that you can find different options on the website to choose from. These include Learner’s permit, Permanent license, International license, Duplicate license, Endorsement of a license, and Renewal of permit.
Please note: To be eligible for a driver’s license, you need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for Learner’s permit. The validity of the Learner’s permit is six months.
List of Documents Required for Learner’s Permit
- A copy of the National Identity Card
- A Ticket of Rs.60 from any post office.
- Get a codebook of traffic rules & regulations from Traffic Police Office
- A medical certificate from any authorized medical practitioner
List of Documents Required for Permanent License
- Original Learner’s permit of at least six weeks
- Application form available on DLIMS
- Medical certificate
- Three passport size recent attested photographs
- An attested copy of CNIC
- Paste a ticket of mentioned fee on the license document
Permanent License Fee
- For a motorcycle, the driving test fee is PKR 50, and the issuance fee of a driving license for 5 years is PKR 500. This makes it a total of PKR 550 for getting a permanent license for motorcycle.
- For a car, the driving test fee is PKR 150 and the issuance fee of a driving license for a period of 5 years is PKR 750, which means the total fee of getting a driving license for a car is PKR 900.
Verification of Driving License
If you have a driver’s license and want to verify its status, you can easily do that through DLIMS. All you need to do is to add your CNIC to the portal. Once you do it, the system will require you to testify the captcha text. Upon successful submission of the captcha, you will be able to find the details of your license, including issuance date, validity, and expiration date.
How to Track your Driver’s License Delivery Online
If you have applied for a driver’s license through DLIMS, you can easily track its delivery status online by entering your CNIC without dashes on the tracking portal of DLIMS. After entering your CNIC, click on the Track button to see the status of your driving license delivery.
Please note: If the system gives a message ‘No data found’, you may need to recheck your entered CNIC number and click the Track button again.
If you want to apply for a duplicate driving license, you must bring the following documents.
List of Documents Required for Duplicate License
- Filled out a duplicate application form
- An attested copy of CNIC
- 2 attested most recent photographs
- The expiry date of license from the computer section
- FIR (Lost License report) from the police station
Fee for Duplicate License
- For a motorcycle, the cost is PKR 100
- For a motorcar, you need to pay PKR 150
To apply for the renewal of your driver’s license, you will need the following documents.
List of Documents Required for License Renewal
- Copy of CNIC
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Medical certificate (issued by an authorized medical practitioner)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (only for the candidates of the age of 50 years or above)
- Application form
- Original Driving License
- Relevant tickets
- Rs. 180 on the STR form must be deposited in the branch after passing the test.