fbpx
Advertisement

Foreign Office rebuts baseless stories against Tariq Fatemi

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Foreign Office on Monday rejected baseless stories against the Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Syed Tariq Fatemi, and warned legal action against those involved in malicious propaganda against him.

-

In a statement, the Foreign Office said that a section of the media has been running baseless stories about the Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Tariq Fatemi, alleging that he has left the Country.

The statement said that Tariq Fatemi is in the Foreign Office performing his official duties.

It said that irresponsible and malicious allegations by an anchor of an electronic media is not only a serious attack on the person of Tariq Fatemi, a high office holder, but also the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which deals with the matters related to relations with foreign Countries.

The statement further said that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has taken a serious view of the malicious propaganda against the person of a minister and reserves the right to take legal action against those involved.

It is pertinent to mention here that following an inquiry into Dawn Leaks though its report is yet to be made public, sources said that Tariq Fatemi will be remove from his Office over his alleged role in the Story published in Dawn News on October 6 last year.

Earlier, Pervez Rasheed relinquished his Charge as the Information Minister on October 29 after he was found responsible for leakage and publication of Dawn Story which had revealed some highly sensitive information about a high level meeting held in Islamabad related to national security.

Mati
Mati
Mati-Ullah is the Online Editor For DND. He is the real man to handle the team around the Country and get news from them and provide to you instantly.

Must read

Latest article