While applying for government jobs in Pakistan and sometimes for being admission in government universities, there is a requirement in the form mentioned as ‘domicile certificate’ or ‘domicile’, which needs to be attached with the form on a mandatory basis. So first we should know what a domicile certificate actually is.
A domicile or domicile certificate is basically an essential official document which is proof that a person is a permanent resident of specific city and province. The certificate can be obtained only from one city.
According to the Pakistan Citizenship Rules, only the federal or a provincial government or any district magistrate authorized by a provincial government can issue a domicile.
Documents required for domicile certificate in Islamabad
In order to apply for the acquisition of a domicile certificate, here is the check list of required documents:
Applicants who are above 21 years of age
- Two Passport size photographs
- Proof of trade or occupation
- A copy of the applicant’s CNIC
- A copy of the father or husband’s CNIC
- One original utility bill (electricity, gas or telephone)
- A copy of proof of residence in Islamabad such as an allotment letter or lease agreement
- In case of having a dual address on CNIC, NOC from the native district
- In the case of government servants, NOC from the department
- A copy of SSC or Matric Certificate
- In the case of married persons, a copy of the Marriage Registration Certificate
- In case one has children, a copy of Form-B
Applicants who are below 21 years of age
- Two passport-size photographs
- A copy of the applicant’s CNIC or From-B
- A copy of the mother or father’s CNIC
- A copy of Domicile Certificate of the parent(s) in which the name of the applicant is mentioned
- A copy of the SSC or Matric Certificate
- Proof of trade or occupation
Process of applying for a domicile in Islamabad
Here is a step by step guide to how you can apply for the acquisition of a domicile certificate:
Step 1: Submit a challan of PKR 200 at the National Bank of Pakistan F-8 Markaz branch or State Bank of Pakistan account number C-03806 District Magistrate Islamabad
Step 2: Visit the Citizen Facilitation Centre along with your challan receipt, application form for domicile certificate, and required documents
Step 3: Get a token from the counter and wait for your turn
Step 4: Visit the counter for data entry
Step 5: Pay the processing fee of PKR 500 at the counter
Step 6: Obtain your e-receipt
Step 7: Collect your Domicile Certificate from the Citizen Facilitation Centre on the date mentioned on the e-receipt
Document required for domicile certificate in Lahore
Here is the list of documents required to apply for a domicile in Lahore:
- Duly filled Form P and P1, signed by the applicant
- Duly filled Affidavit on PKR 50 stamp paper, signed by the applicant and attested by the Oath Commissioner (Optional)
- Three passport-size photographs with white background
- Copy of applicant’s CNIC or B-Form
- In case the applicant’s CNIC or B-form is unavailable, a copy of their father, mother or spouse’s CNIC.
- AC Verification Form may or may not be attested.
- At least one of the following Entitlement Documents will also be required.
- Property ownership documents (Fard, ownership papers or house registry, etc.)
- Utility Bills (electricity, gas or telephone)
- Resident certificate (rental agreement)
- Education Documents (Matriculation or above certificate)
- Voter list of the UC where applicant’s vote is registered
*All required documents must be at least one year old at the time of application.
Process of applying for a domicile in Lahore
Here is how you can use for Domicile in Lahore:
Step 1: Obtain the challan form from the e-Khidmat Markaz or the National Bank of Pakistan branch located adjacent to it
Step 2: Pay the challan of PKR 200
Step 3: Visit e-Khidmat Markaz and collect the required Domicile application form. You can also download it beforehand from the official government website for e-Khidmat Markaz.
Step 4: Fill out the Domicile application form and submit it alongside your complete documents
Step 5: Obtain an e-receipt after successful submission of your documents and applicant
Step 6: Track your application by entering the tracking ID on the website for e-Khidmat Markaz. You can also download their mobile app, call their toll free number of utilize their SMS Gateway by sending your application ID at 9100
Step 7: Receive your Certificate of Domicile
Documents required for domicile certificate in Karachi
Here is the list of documents required to apply for domicile in Karachi:
- Five passport size photographs (unattested)
- Original + attested copy of applicant’s CNIC
- For applicants below 18 years of age, attested copy of their Form -B
- Attested copies of all educational documents till the current year
- For applicants below 21 years of age, copies of CNIC and Domicile of their father
- In the case of government employees, an attested copy of the service certificate
- Attested proof of residence proof (electricity bill, gas bill or copy of rent agreement)
- In case the applicant is married, a copy of their spouse’s CNIC
- In case the applicant has children, attested copies of children’s birth certificates or Form-B
Process of applying for a domicile in Karachi
Here is how you can apply for the acquisition of a domicile in Karachi:
Step 1: Pay challan of PKR 200 at the National Bank of Pakistan DC Office Branch
Step 2: Paste 1 rupee stamp on all photocopies
Step 3: Obtain the Domicile application form and get it attested by the Oath Commissioner. After filling it
Step 4: Submit your document to the DC Office. If the concerned department asks for any other documents, you will have to submit them as well.
Step 5: Receive a receipt after submission of your documents
Step 6: Receive your Karachi Domicile certificate and PRC from the DC Office
You can also find further details regarding domicile and other identification documents along with the list of required documents and processes on the official website. In a normal situation, after applying for a domicile, it might take 1 to 2 weeks for your domicile to be issued.
This article was updated recently and provided information that stands accurate.