COVID-19 tally in Pakistan rises to 10,811

UncategorizedCOVID-19 tally in Pakistan rises to 10,811

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to strike Pakistan hard as it has claimed 228 lives (2.1%) while the total number of infected persons has soared to 10,811 and 2,337 (21.6%) have been recovered.

The data issued by the National Command & Operation Centre (NCOC) on April 23 has revealed that 79 percent of the COVID-19 patients throughout the Country have been infected through the local transmission while the remaining 21 percent have brought the virus from abroad.

   

Uptil now, 124,549 COVID-19 tests including 6,700 in the last 24 hours have been conducted in Pakistan.

As per the NCOC data, Punjab has detected 4,590 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases. Of them, 2,752 are quarantined Zareen (pilgrims), Tableeghi Jamaat members, and prisoners.

In Punjab, 58 patients have passed away and 790 have now been healed from the disease.

In Sindh, 3,671 Cases have so far been confirmed. While 73 patients have died and 715 have got recovered.

Likewise, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has recorded 1,453 patients, 83 deaths and 414 recoveries; and Balochistan has a total of 552 Cases, 8 deaths and 168 recoveries.

The Gilgit-Baltistan region has witnessed 290 Coronavirus Cases so far, 3 deaths and 201 recoveries while the Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK) has 51 Cases and 23 recoveries.

In the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 204 COVID-19 patients have so far been reported, of them, 3 have died and 26 have got recovered.

Mati
Mati
Mati-Ullah is the Online Editor For DND. He is the real man to handle the team around the Country and get news from them and provide to you instantly.

Must read

Recent News

Pakistan and Azerbaijan affirm commitment to expand bilateral ties

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Pakistan and Azerbaijan have affirmed the commitment to further expanding mutually beneficial cooperation in the areas of bilateral interest, especially energy, trade,...

Steps afoot for promoting entrepreneurship and innovation in the country: Shaza Fatima

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: President Qatar Science and Technology Park Dr. Jack Lau called on the Minister of State for IT and Telecommunication Shaza Fatima Khawaja...

Police, administration on high alert to ensure peace & security during Muharram: Mohsin Naqvi

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi visited the Markazi Asna Ashri Imam Bargah in G-6, Islamabad last night and reviewed the security...

Supreme Court rules in favour of PTI in Reserved Seats Case

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Friday announced the much-anticipated judgement in the Reserved Seats Case, overturning the denial of reserved seats...

Rain Emergencies Alert: Parts of KPK exposed to medium level urban & flash flooding...

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The National Disaster Management Authority’s (NDMA) National Emergencies Operation Center anticipated that Rainfall is expected in various parts of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa...
Advertisement