Every country has an intelligence agency that collects all the information about its country. But, many people are unaware of the purpose of Intelligence agencies. For instance, whenever there is news about any activities of this Intelligence agency of India, a question might come to their mind that what is RAW?
The main motive of agencies like these is to collect the information, then analyse it, and explore the collected information for the security of the country. Intelligence has knowledge about everything in society, so they can get as much information as possible. The government uses this information only for national security, military, and foreign policy purposes.
In this article, we will inform you about the origin, activities, and policies of RAW.
What is RAW?
RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) is one of the best and hardworking intelligence agencies that work for India. RAW came into existence in 1968 to specifically deal with foreign intelligence. The function of RAW is to gather foreign intelligence, counter-terrorism, counter-proliferation, advising Indian policymakers, and advancing India’s foreign strategic interests. It is also involved in the security of the nuclear program of India. Beginning from 1968, 21 September, the agency is about 53 years old. The headquarter is formed in CGO Complex, New Delhi. The minister who is responsible for Research and Analysis Wing is Narendra Modi,
Roles of RAW
- RAW plays a very important role in the protection of India from terrorist attacks and monitoring the country that can directly cause damage to India.
- RAW has direct connections with other agencies of other countries and presumably officers collecting information all over the world.
- RAW uses the rape of women and girls as a social tool to subjugate Kashmiris as well as the population of seven sister states.
- RAW is infamous to destabilize neighboring countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- This agency is regularly in communication with other well-known agencies like Central Intelligence Agency and Mossad to monitor Pakistan’s nuclear program, they also teamed up to disrupt Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal.
Research and Analysis Wing is basically an infamous agency in comparison to other intelligence agencies around the world. But, the performance is not compromising. They are as efficient in handling Indian affairs as other agencies. Despite some of the most disturbing activities, this agency is one of the top 10 intelligence agencies.