The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) launched the Real-Time Point of Sale (POS) Invoicing System with effect from December 15, 2019 to integrate major retail outlets across Pakistan with the FBR system.
What is POS Invoicing System?
- An online real-time system for documentation of sales that connects computerized sales system of Tier-1 retailers to FBR’s system through internet.
- Retailers do not need to purchase any new machine to get linked with this system.
- They can get linked by simply downloading an application in their existing machines.
- A barcode or QR code automatically get printed on the invoice generated through a sales by the retailer.
- Customers can verify the sales tax payment through the Tax Asaan App.
- The system helps retailers in automatic preparation of sales tax returns and thereby reducing their expenditure.
- Adopting the POS invoicing system will end periodic inspections by FBR officials.
- The System has been running successfully for over a year at 3824 outlets of 70 famous top textile and leather brands.
- From November 1, 2019, the system will be implemented for restaurants in Islamabad and all shopping stores chains across the Country.
Benefit for Customers
- Sales Tax discount when you shop from textile and leather brand outlets linked with POS Invoicing System.
- You can verify whether the sales tax you pay is reaching the national exchequer
How to verify sales tax payment through Tax Asaan App
- Open Tax Asaan App
- Go to Online Verification System
- Go to POS Invoice
- Scan the QR/barcode or number on invoice to verify