Watch Videos of Mass Shootings at Christchurch Mosques

Though the exact number of fatalities hasn’t yet been ascertained but reportedly nearly 50 people have lost their lives in New Zealand when they had gathered at two Mosque – Masjid al Noor in Central Christchurch and the other in suburban Linwood – for Friday Prayers but fell victim to a terrorist attack.

In a statement, the New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said that details were not yet clear, “but I can tell you now – this will be one of New Zealand’s darkest days”.

The New Zealand Police has taken four people including three men and a woman into custody; however declined to confirm the precise number of casualties but said “it is significant.”

“We are speaking with those people. Police are still treating this incident as ongoing and Christchurch residents are strongly urged to stay indoors and keep safe,” the police said.

Meanwhile two separate videos are surfacing on social media, in which it can clearly been seen that the terrorist armed with loaded rifles himself live streamed the massacre.

Talking to media, Pakistani High Commissioner in New Zealand said that it is the first ever incident in New Zealand. He said that we are in contact with the Pakistani Community, and no report about a Pakistani casualty has so far been received.

READ  PML-N MNA Azhar Qayyum Nahra indicted over murder case

“We will contact with the Foreign Office, if any report regarding this is received,” he said.

Separately, strongly condemning the tragic terrorist attack in New Zealand, the Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal also said that our High Commission is in constant touch with the local authorities, trying to ascertain further details.

In a tweet on Friday, the Spokesperson said the Pakistani High Commission has designated Minister Political Syed Moazzam Shah as focal point for the purpose.

In the meantime, the Bangladesh’s tour of New Zealand was called off following the Christchurch Mosques attack.

Bangladesh had to play the third Test against New Zealand at Hagley Oval in Christchurch, beginning on March 16.

The visiting team was also traveling to the Christchurch Mosque for Friday Prayers; however luckily all members of the Bangladesh Cricket Team remained safe.