Smart Card for Vehicles (Cars, Bike etc)
From mid-October onwards, all vehicle owners across Punjab will have Vehicle Registration Card or Digital Vehicle Smart Cards as the Excise and Taxation Department has announced to replace the existing registration system aimed at to facilitate citizens.
Cost of Vehicle Registration Card / Smart Card
The Smart Card will cost Rs 500, and it will expire after five years.
Vehicle Smart Cards will expire after 5 years
Some main features of new vehicles registration system:
- Smart Card has over six security features
- Smart Card will be CCTV Camera-readable as existing number plates are not detectable and readable by CCTV Cameras
- Smart Card contains information related to a vehicle and its owner including owner’s name, CNIC/passport info, vehicle’s engine and chassis number, registration number, assessed annual tax, token status, and engine details etc.
- Discourage fabrication and forged documents
- Streamline the whole registration process
- Registration of a vehicle with only one chassis number
- Curtail registration load on big districts
- Helpful in eliminating corruption
- Helpful in eliminating late vehicles registration and evasion of motor vehicle tax
- Facilitate vehicle owners in paying token tax in any part of Punjab
- Existence of whole registration data at Main Server
- Universal number plate would have all record of the sale and purchase of the vehicles
How to get Vehicle Registration Card?
Under the new vehicle registration system, vehicle owners will have Smart Cards, new number plates, and universal numbers. All you have to do is to visit Excise office to obtain your card after depositing the required fees.
As per Nadra’s website, the launch of chip-based National Identity Cards is being introduced in the country starting from Punjab. Soon, VRC will replace the registration copies of motor vehicles.
After performing the data entry at ETO office, NADRA executes verification and validation checks on the provided data from ETO. A chip-based card is then printed by NADRA when the data has been verified and validated”