UAE five-year residence visa for retired expats over 55 is available in the UAE.
Residents must first complete qualifying requirements in order to be granted a residence visa, though. It’s also important to remember that the visa is extendable. People who have retired and achieved the age of 55 are eligible to apply for a long-term visa that is valid for 5 years, according to the official UAE government website.
Residence Visa Requirements For Retires
The retiree must fulfil certain requirements. These include:
- Having at least 15 years of work experience, either inside or outside the UAE, or retiring at age 55 or older.
- They must also meet one of the following financial requirements: they must own real estate worth at least AED 1 million, have financial savings worth at least AED 1 million, or earn AED 20,000 (AED 15,000 in Dubai) per month in income.
- Also required as verification are the retiree’s bank statements from the past six months. The website states that the visa may be extended after the original 5-year period if the qualifying requirements are satisfied.
Residents of Dubai who are over 55 may select from the following options. These are listed below:
- They can either earn at least AED180,000 (or AED15,000 per month) annually.
- AED 1 million saved in a 3-year fixed deposit
- Own a property worth AED 1 million, or
- Have a variety of stuff, such as a 3-year fixed deposit and real estate worth at least AED 1 million (fixed deposit worth AED 500,000 and real estate worth AED 500,000 each).
The 10-day grace period for holders of tourist visas was recently eliminated by Dubai as well. Visitors with expired tourist visas were formerly given the grace period.
A daily punishment of AED50 will be imposed on those who overstay their visas.
When compared to the other emirates, Dubai was the last to adopt the removal of the grace period.
An employee from the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) said that people do have the choice to request for a 30-day visa extension in order to legitimately remain in the nation. Here are some instructions for extending your visit visa for 60 days.
The UAE Cabinet authorized various modifications to the visa policy in October 2022, one of which was a 60-day validity extension for all entry visas.
This choice was made to simplify the visa application procedure and appeal to tourists. In the past, visitors could apply for 30-, 60-, or 90-day visas.