Pakistan Railways provides an all-encompassing railway network all across Pakistan. It is known for its affordable modes of transportation. Therefore, many travellers use Pakistan Railways to travel from one city to another. The Ministry of Pakistan Railways has introduced an e-ticket system to improve service. So, here’s a comprehensive guide on how to book train tickets online.
Benefits of e-ticket Pakistan Railways
There are a lot of benefits of booking your railway tickets online like:
- Eliminates the hassle of waiting in never-ending queues.
- Saves time.
- Eliminates the risk of misplacing your keys.
- The department can keep a digital record of all the keys to help combat corruption.
- Provides a fast and secure payment system.
- You can know about the timings and book seats of your choice depending on availability.
How to book train tickets online in Pakistan?
The e-ticket system makes booking train tickets online in Pakistan straightforward. The Ministry of Pakistan Railways has started an online portal for the railway ticketing system where the publican quickly registers and enjoys a hassle-free and secure ticketing system. The process to book train tickets online in Pakistan is below:
- The official website or mobile app can access your Pakistan Railways portal.
- After opening the portal, register your account by providing the required details like your personal information, CNIC number, email, and phone number, and set a password.
- You will receive a confirmation code via SMS for verification of your account.
- Then, use your mobile number and password to log in to the Pakistan Railways portal.
- To book the online ticket for Pakistan Railways, you have to select your station and the station of the city you want to go to.
- Also, choose the date of your travel and click on the ‘Search Train’ option given below.
- It will give you information about the available trains.
- You can select from AC standard, AC Sleeper, AC Business, and economy from there.
- The portal will display all the available seats in each box.
- Select the box that you want to train by.
- It will display the seats on the train. The red hearts signify the booked seats, and the green indicates the available seats.
- Choose a seat of your own choice.
- Then, choose Book Now.
- Then enter the valid contact number and CNIC name and number.
- Lastly, choose ‘Continue for e-ticket’.
How to pay for a Pakistan Railways train ticket online?
- You have to go to the Payment method option to select the account.
- There are three options: Cash, Mobile Account and Debit card.
- After choosing your option, you can enter your account details to proceed with payment.
- Then enter your pin code to confirm your payment.
- For travelling, you can print out the ticket, take a screenshot or show the SMS to the ticket checker as proof of your reservation.
Pakistan Railways’ online ticket system can facilitate many travellers in Pakistan by saving their time. The payment method is fast and secure. You can book your train ticket online. Make sure to add your valid details to avoid cancellation of your seat. For more information about Pakistan Railway, you can use the following contact details:
Landline No: 042-99201941
Railway Auto Dial: 042-2872