ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Islamabad Traffic Police (ITP) and the City Traffic Police Rawalpindi have devised a Traffic Diversion Plan for motorists of both the adjoining Cities in the wake of the first Test Match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
The Sri Lankan Cricket Team has already arrived in the Federal Capital for the two-match Test Series which would begin on Wednesday with the first Test at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium from December 11-15, 2019.
After Pakistan-Sri Lanka First Test Match in Rawalpindi, the Second Test will take place at National Stadium in Karachi from December 19-23, 2019.
Arrival of Sri Lanka team at Islamabad.
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) December 9, 2019
Meanwhile in a bid to avoid inconvenience for the commuters of both the Cities, both ITP and the City Traffic Police Rawalpindi have chalked out a traffic plan which would remain in place from 06:00 am to 06:00 pm daily (December 10 to 15, 2019).
Sri Lankan Cricket Team has arrived in Islamabad. We are providing them with highest level of security. Traffic will be temporary closed during their movement from the stadium to their hotel. Traffic plan is as follows. Apologies for inconvenience pic.twitter.com/R3kOCYoVKU
— Deputy Commissioner Islamabad (@dcislamabad) December 9, 2019
Entrance to Double Road Prohibited
The Stadium Road from 9th Avenue to Double Road Turn at Murree Road will remain closed for all kinds of traffic.
Traffic Division Plan for Pakistan-Sri Lanka First Test
- Murree Road from Faizabad to 6th Road Chowk will be closed. Therefore, the traffic from Rawal Dam (Islamabad) towards Rawalpindi will be diverted from Expressway Slip Turn near Faizabad to Expressway, from wherein, the traffic will enter Rawalpindi via Dhoke Kala Khan, Khanna and Karal.
- Murree Road from Kidney Centre U-turn to Faizabad will be closed. Therefore, the traffic from Rawalpindi towards Islamabad will be diverted from U-turn located in front of Kidney Centre to the opposite road.
- 9th Avenue Chowk till Double Road Turn will be closed. Therefore, the traffic from IJP Road and 9th Avenue Chowk, instead of Double Road, will enter Rawalpindi via Pindora Chungi Katarian, Carriage Factory, Pirwadhai, Chak Maddad and Pirwadhai Morr.
- Murree Road from Ghosia Chowk to Shamsabad Turn will remain closed. Therefore, the traffic from Sadiqabad towards Islamabad will be diverted from Ghosia Chowk to Farooq-e-Azam Road and Kuri Road while the entrance from Haroon Chowk and Dhoke Kala Khan Chowk towards Ghosia Chowk will be prohibited.
- Expressway Faizabad Loop towards Rawalpindi will be closed. Therefore, the traffic from Islamabad towards Rawalpindi will be diverted to Rawat from Expressway Loop, from wherein it will enter Rawalpindi via Dhoke Kala Khan, Khanna and Koral.
- Murree Road from Faizabad Rawat Slip Turn towards Rawalpindi will be closed. Therefore, the traffic towards Rawalpindi, instead of Faizabad Rawat Slip, will enter the City from IJP Road, and going through Pindora Chungi Katarian, Carriage Factory, Pirwadhai, Chak Maddad and Pirwadhai Morr.
Metro Bus Service to remain suspended
The Metro Bus Service between Rawalpindi and Islamabad will also remain suspended from 9:00 am to 10.30 am and from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm from December 10-15 as part of the security arrangements for the Test Match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka at Rawalpindi Pindi Stadium.
Tags: Pakistan-Siri Lanka First Test, Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium