The National Highway Authority (NHA) has undertaken the 20-Years Concession Agreement with M/s MORE, a subsidiary of the Frontier Works Organization (FWO), to execute the project “Overlay 86 Modernization of Lahore-Islamabad Motorway (M-2)” on Build Operate Transfer (BOT) Basis.
The Concession Agreement was signed between the two parties on April 23, 2014 for a period of 20-years.
Under the Concession Agreement, the following annual toll escalation is applicable during the Operation Phase of the project:
- 10 percent annual Toll escalation shall be applied from the second (2nd) operational year till the 12th year of the Concession Period i.e. till 2026;
- 7 percent annual toll escalation shall be applicable from 13th year of the Concession Period till last year of the Concession Period i.e. till 2034.
From August 26, 2022 to August 25, 2023, the detail of increased Toll Tax on Lahore-Islamabad Motorway;
The enforcement against violation of load limits is carried out on National Highways and Motorways under Section 75 read with Section 43, 44, Schedule VI read with 10th and 12th Schedules of NHSO, 2000.
The detail of enforcement is as under:-
- Road Safety briefing, awareness and sensitization walks,
- seminars, workshops, lectures, presentation, stalls etc. are conducted by Road Safety Awareness Units of NHMP on daily basis.
- Printed road safety material in shape of broachers, booklets, pamphlets etc., are distributed among the participants of various road safety activities as well as general public and drivers at toll plazas, interchanges, weigh stations, bus and taxi stands etc.
- Round the clock vigilant patrolling.
- Effective briefings.
- Special campaigns against over loading.
- Distribution of road safety material.
- Cancellation of licenses and route permits of habitual; offenders.