KABUL: Three Nato service members and five Afghan were killed in roadside bomb attacks in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday, the US-led coalition in Afghanistan said.
In another attack, a roadside bomb killed three civilians and wounded five in the Shah Wali Kot district of Kandahar province, said Jawed Faisal, a spokesman for the provincial governor.
In the north, in Archi district in the province of Kunduz, a roadside bomb killed two people, including a local police commander who had been credited with reducing the number of insurgent attacks in his area, said Abdul Nazar, a local council member.
Commander Miran and his driver were killed and two other police officers were wounded when the car they were driving toward Kunduz City was destroyed by a bomb hidden on the road, said Nazar.
The attacks came on the third day of what Taliban has called its spring offensive. The insurgents warned they would infiltrate enemy ranks to conduct ”insider attacks” and target military and diplomatic sites with suicide bombers.