Suzuki Cultus is among the most popular vehicles in the Pakistani car market. Launched back in 2000, the 3rd generation is currently available in the market with a complete modification on the exterior and interior. While we cannot say anymore that it is affordable, it is still reliable, reasonably easy to maintain and efficient in terms of fuel economy. In times of hyperinflation, one of the best practices can be to keep frequently used commodities. This is Suzuki Cultus’s maintenance guide.
The Suzuki Cultus is quipped with an EFi 998cc engine mated with a 5-speed manual transmission or an Automatic Gear Shift (AGS) capable of producing 67 horsepower and 90 Nm of torque offering a fuel economy of 14 kilometres in the city and 18 kilometres on the highway.
The vehicle comes in three variants, the VXR, VXL, and AGS. The price is Rs. 3,540,000, Rs. 3,889,000 and Rs. 4,157,000, respectively.
Cultus maintenance guide
Regular maintenance is crucial to keep any vehicle running smoothly and to extend its lifespan. Here is a comprehensive maintenance guide for your Suzuki Cultus:
- Change the engine oil and filter every 5,000 kilometres or three months, whichever comes first. Use the recommended grade of oil and check the oil level regularly.
- Use a certified cleaner to clean the throttle at every oil change.
- It’s unnecessary to replace the air filter every 10,000 kilometres, as most mechanics insist. This of it as a dusting cloth. If you keep it clean, it lasts you longer. Replace the air filter once you notice degradation immediately, however.
- Remove all spark plugs and clean the tips and the valves after every three months. Replace them if corroded.
- Check the tire pressure regularly and rotate the tires every 10,000 kilometres to ensure even wear.
- Inspect the brakes every 10,000 kilometres for signs of wear and replace the brake pads and rotors as needed.
- Check the battery terminals for corrosion and ensure the battery is adequately secured. Check the water level in the storm, as that is the key to its health. Replace the battery every four years or as needed.
- Check the coolant level and condition regularly and flush the system every 40,000 kilometres.
- Replace the transmission fluid every 60,000 kilometres.
- Replace the power steering fluid every 50,000 kilometres.
- Replace the timing belt every 100,000 kilometres.
Prevention is better than cure, and maintenance is better than replacement. Follow this guide to keep your Cultus smooth and in optimal condition always.