ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court of Pakistan said on Thursday that its order for recovery of missing persons was not being followed whereas there was substantial evidence against Frontier Corps (FC) personnel.
A two-member bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry heard the suo motu case pertaining to the unrest in Balochistan at the Supreme Court’s Quetta registry on Thursday.
During the hearing, Balochistan chief secretary Babar Yaqoob Fateh expressed displeasure over ongoing incidents of terrorism in the province.
Fateh said several tragic incidents had taken place recently and quoted the incident in which rebel separatists killed 14 people, including three security officers, after stopping vehicles at a fake checkpoint in Balochistan.
The chief secretary said that several junior police officers were martyred in various incidents despite of which law and order could not be restored in the province.
Meanwhile, the Chief Justice expressed displeasure over the non-recovery of missing persons, adding that their (missing persons) families had been setting up camps outside Quetta Press Club since the past four years.
The Chief Justice also took notice of the broadcasting of a video, which showed footage of the Quaid-i-Azam residency in Ziarat, after militants attacked it with hand grenades on June 15 and said it was against the laws and Constitution.
Moreover, a notice was also issued to a private TV channel in this regard.
Apart from Balochistan chief secretary Babar Yaqoob Fateh, Inspector General of police Balochistan Mushtaq Ahmed Sukhera, provincial home secretary Captain (retd) Akbar Hussain Durrani and other administrative officials were also present during the hearing.