As per the Minister of Communications Murad Saeed, following measures have been taken for Pakistan Post in order to effectively make it competitive with Private Couriers;
- Pakistan Post floats tender for selection of air lines and presently Pakistan Post utilizes the services of PIA, Etihad airline and Saudi airline, as these air lines participated in tendering process.
- We have approached Turkish air line. Emirates and Lufthansa to start business with them to improve network coverage and better quality of service.
Establishment of “Small & Smart” Express Centers
31 “small and smart” Express Centers have been setup in the urban areas.
Expansion of Express Post Track & Trace System (EMTTS)
Online complaint submission by customers.
- Provision of SMS intimation to sender and recipient regarding delivery and booking of EP articles
- For prompt disposal of postal customers complaints and to redress the grievances, Pakistan Post has established call center on modern lines.
- Express Mail Track & Trace System (EMTTS) which is available at 83 General Post. Office (GP0s) and 50 District Mail Offices (DMOs).
Introduction of UMS-CASH on Delivery Service (COD)
Urgent Mail ServiceCash on delivery service has been introduced with effect from 1st January, 2016. Packets, parcels and printed papers prepaid with postage of UMS fee may be transmitted by the inland post as COD articles provided that the amount specified for remittance to the sender in the case of any such articles does not exceed Rs. 100,000/.
Enhancing Maximum limit of Fax Money Order Limit.
For the convenience of the public and to cater the varied needs of the customers, the maximum limit of a single Fax Money Order has been enhanced from Rs. 10,000/ to Rs. 50,000/.
Enhancing Maximum Limit of Urgent Money Order (UMO)
To cater the varied needs of the customers and to enhance the scope of the service, maximum limit or a single Urgent Money Order has been enhanced from Rs. 10,000/ to Rs. 20,000/ and for UMSCOD a single Urgent Money Order has been enhanced from Rs. 20,000/ to Rs. 100,000/
Maximum Weight Limits:
Prior to consolidation of Express Post Service the maximum weight limit of UMS articles was upto 1 KG. Now the maximum weight limit of UMS articles has been enhanced upto 30 kg.
New Identity of Pakistan Post by Introducing of New Logo:
In line with new role of Pakistan Post, a new logo of the organization has been developed and introduced with effect from 3rd April 2017.
Motorization of Postman/Mail Peon Beats:
For prompt disposal of Postal Mail Pakistan Post has provided 1961 motor cycles to Postmen.
Electronic Money Order Service (EMO)
Electronic Money Order (EMO) Service is the swiftest way to transfer money from one post office to other post office. This service was initially started from 10th September 2012 in seventeen GPOs. The Central Software Solution (CSS), the software name “Riposte Essential” is considered as the safe, affordable and accurate to transfer money within Pakistan. Currently this service is available at 90 location (GPO/Post Offices).
Electronic Money Order “Doorstep” Service:
Electronic money orderdoor step service has been started with effect from 12th Nov 2018. Currently this service is available at 90 locations (GPOs/ Post Offices).
Salient Features of EMO-DOOR Step Service:
- It will be delivered at doorstep/Home delivery.
- The cut of time for same duy delivery is 1300 hours.
- Same day payment is effected at the door step of the payee upto value of Rs. 50,000/ for a single Electronic Money.
- SMS notification to the customers (Remitter and Payee).
- Rupees Fifty (Rs. 50/) will be charged as additional fee for home delivery.
Introduction of Same Day Delivery Service:
Pakistan Post has started new service i.e. same day delivery in different cities of Pakistan i.e Rawalpindi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Karachi, and Islamabad for delivery of mail articles on the day of booking with effect from 8th Feb2018 between HyderabadKotriJumshouro, SukkurRohariShikarpur.
Following cities are also added in the ambit of same day delivery service with effect from 1311 2018:—
(1) Faisalabad, (2) Gilgit (3) Skardu (4) Muzaffarabad (5) Mirpur (AJK) (6) Jhelum (7) Sialkot (8) Mardan (9) Dera Ismail Khan (10) Abbottabad (11) D.G Khan (12) Sahiwal 13) Rahim Yar Khan (14) Wah Cantt (15) Gujranwala (16) Bahawalpur (17) Nawabshah (18) Larkana.
Note: The above content was submitted by the Minister of Communications Murad Saeed in the Senate in his reply to a question.