Standard Chartered Pakistan posts Highest ever profit of Rs 27.2 billion (before tax)

BusinessStandard Chartered Pakistan posts Highest ever profit of Rs 27.2 billion (before...

KARACHI, Pakistan: The Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) Limited, the Country’s largest and oldest International bank, on Friday announced its Annual Results for 2019.

The Bank had a record year of performance in 2019 and delivered a Profit before tax of Rs 27.2 billion, which is 47per cent higher than last year. The Profit after tax registered a growth of 43per cent to close at Rs 16 billion; the highest ever since its incorporation.

   

A strong and diversified business performance drove an all-time high income of Rs 39.1 billion; a growth of 37percent YoY. Operating expenses were well controlled with an increase of only 2 percent YoY, well below the country inflation rate, resulting in all-time low cost to income ratio of 30per cent.

All businesses have positive momentum in client income which grew 31per cent year on year with strong growth in underlying drivers. Momentum in advances (net) continues with 29 percent growth since the start of the year. This was the result of a targeted strategy to leverage our brand, client relationships and strong global network in building profitable and high-quality portfolios.

The Standard Chartered Bank continued to maintain its leadership in low-cost deposits with CASA to Deposits a ratio of 93 percent despite strong competition. Total deposits recorded a growth of 10 percent, with CASA growing by 8 percent in 2019.

The bank won several awards and accolades in the year including “Best Commercial Bank” by Management Association of Pakistan, “Best Foreign Bank in Pakistan” by Finance Asia, “Best International Bank” by Asia Money and “Best Islamic Bank” by the Banker Magazine.

During 2019, the Bank contributed around Rs 18.6 billion to the national exchequer in lieu of direct income taxes, as an agent of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and on account of FED / Provincial Sales Taxes.

For the year 2019, the Board of Directors has recommended a final cash dividend of 17.5 percent (Rs 1.75 per share). This is in addition to the 12.5 percent (Rs 1.25 per share) interim cash dividend announced during the year; thereby taking the total dividend payout to a record high of 30 percent (Rs 3.00 per share).

Commenting on the results, Mr. Shazad Dada, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) Limited said, “I am delighted to announce that the Bank has performed exceptionally well and has delivered its highest ever profit. 2019 has been a significant year, with developments that have contributed directly to the growth of the country franchise. These results are a testament to our commitment to delivering a consistent and continued performance. Having strengthened our foundations on controls and conduct, we recognize the importance of sustained growth with a focus on income whilst strongly monitoring cost and prudent risk management. Our digital journey is well on-track having executed over 21 millions electronic transactions for our clients while ensuring a seamless client experience throughout all our segments. Although the external environment remains challenging, we are committed to raising the bar on our performance whilst ensuring that our clients’ needs are at the heart of everything we do.”

Mati
Mati
Mati-Ullah is the Online Editor For DND. He is the real man to handle the team around the Country and get news from them and provide to you instantly.

Must read

Recent News

PTI calls Maryam Nawaz as a fake CM Punjab

0
Says mandate thieves selected Calibri Queen even after she lost her seat Vows people of Punjab won’t rest until take back stolen mandate...

Interbank Dollar Rate Today in Pakistan – 27 February 2024

0
Interbank Exchange Rates in Pakistan The Interbank Closing Exchange Rate in Pakistan has been issued by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) for February 27,...

US committed to support Pakistan’s efforts in addressing human rights issue: Ambassador Blome

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The US Ambassador to Pakistan Donald Blome has said that the United States is committed to support Pakistan’s efforts in addressing the...

Pakistan considers piped gas crucial to meet its energy needs: Minister

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Ambassador of Turkmenistan H.E. Atadjan Movlamov called on the Interim Federal Minister for Energy Muhammad Ali in Islamabad on Tuesday.During the...

AUD to INR: Australian Dollar to Indian Rupee Today – 27 February 2024

0
The Australian Dollar (AUD) was trading at 54.26 as per the Indian Rupee (INR) on Tuesday.Currently, Indians are now the second-largest migrant group in...
Advertisement