Shahbaz Sharif orders across the board action against banned outfits

LAHORE, Pakistan: The Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Saturday directed concerned authorities to continue operation against all banned terrorist organizations and publishers of hatred literature.

In a high-level meeting held in Lahore on Saturday regarding the law and order situation in Punjab and implementation of the anti-terror National Action Plan (NAP), the provincial Chief Minister said that all possible steps are being taken for providing protection to lives and properties of the people.

Shahbaz Sharif said that law has been made more effective after the necessary amendments for the elimination of terrorism, extremism and sectarianism.

The anti-terror operations under Zarb-e-Azb and 20-point NAP have been continuing across the country with more vigor and intensity since last year, aiming at to eliminate terrorism from the country.

The operations have yielded positive results as a considerable reduction has been witnessed in terror-relation incidents across Pakistan following their launch, as compared to previous years.

On Friday, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel while talking to tribal elders during his visit to Gwadar, Talar and Turbat areas of Balochistan’s Makran division said that he is fully confident that 2016 will be year of elimination of terrorism.

“This will also be year of national solidarity,” General Raheel said.

However, the COAS, stressed the need for the entire nation to extend support to the armed forces in this regard.

READ  Russia strongly supports CPEC project: Envoy

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.