The healthcare facilities for the general public have always been a point of concern in Pakistan. Majority of the public fail to receive proper healthcare due to the lack of funds as well as facilities. While this may be true, the government of Punjab has taken an initiative worth praising. Now the local public can receive proper healthcare with the launch of Sehat Insaf Card in Pakistan. If you want to know the complete details of the card, and also learn how to apply for Sehat Insaf Card online, we have got you covered. Let’s get started!
What is Sehat Insaf Card?
The Sehat Insaf Card is a fine initiative taken by the government of Punjab. It is basically a health card launched to provide free of cost healthcare services to those who have low income or who can not afford to pay. With the help of this card, the poor citizens of Punjab can avail healthcare facilities without having to pay. All the eligible families will be able to receive free medical services for up to PKR 1 million (10 lacs) per year.
The Sehat Insaf Card was launched by the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan for the people of Punjab on December 13, 2021. According to the declared plan of action, the Sehat Sahulat Program covers about 29 districts of Punjab currently. The program also covers 7 districts of Dera Ghazi Khan and Sahiwal division.
The Prime Minister spoke in the launching ceremony and also said that a budget of nearly 440 billion rupees has been allocated for this purpose. As per the PM’s statement, the eligible families will be able to receive the Sehat Insaf Card by March 2022.
How to Apply for Sehat Insaf Card Online?
If you want to apply for Sehat Insaf Card online, we have got you covered with the step-by-step guide to start your process. Let’s have a look at the details below.
- First, you need to check your eligibility by sending your National Identity Card Number (NIC) to 8500 via SMS. (You can also register yourself for the card by downloading the Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card App.)
- If you are eligible, you can get your Sehat Insaf Card from the respective official distribution centre in your district.
- You need to have all the required documents in hand with you at the time of visiting any hospital (on panel) including Sehat Card, Original CNIC, and B-Form (for children).
- Once you are in the hospital, you need to go to the ehat Sahulat Programme (SSP) counter to get your Sehat Card verified.
Key Benefits of Sehat Insaf Card
The Sehat Card can prove to be highly beneficial for those in need. With the help of this card, the needy citizens of Punjab can expect:
- Free emergency services
- Free maternity health service
- Free surgical procedures
- Free hospitalization
- Free consultation and follow up visits
- Transportation cost coverage
Different Treatment Packages Under Sehat Sahulat Program
The treatment packages for Sehat Card holders are into two types.
Priority Treatment Package
Under the priority treatment package, all cardholders are allotted PKR 300,000 per family initially. The families can also receive an additional coverage of PKR 300,000 if necessary. The list of treatments that fall under this package include:
- Heart disease treatment
- Chronic diseases (TB, Hepatitis B and C, HIV, Liver Disease)
- Accident and Burn cases
- Cancer treatment including chemotherapy, surgery, and radiotherapy
- Neurosurgical procedures
- Organ failure cases
Secondary Treatment Package
The secondary treatment package under the Sehat Sahulat Program allows the citizens of Punjab to receive secondary healthcare services for up to PKR 60,000 per family. However, the families can get an additional PKR 60,000 coverage if necessary. This packages covers the following healthcare services.
- Illnesses (all types)
- Surgical illnesses (all types)
- Maternity services including C-section and normal delivery cases
List of Hospitals On Sehat Card Panel
The Sehat Insaf Card is currently valid for the districts in Punjab. This means that you can find a list of hospitals in each main city or district to receive the healthcare services. For your ease, we have listed the hospitals on the panel of Sehat Sahulat Program in the major cities to help you. Please note that there are many hospitals on the panel for each city. We have covered a few important ones below.
- Surgimed Hospital
- Aadil Hospital
- Fatima Memorial Hospital Lahore
- Gulab Devi Hospital
- Sharif Hospital
- Punjab Institute Of Cardiology
- Orthopedic Medical Complex
- Arif Memorial Hospital
- Avicenna Hospital
- Bahria Orchard Hospital Lahore
- Al-Khidmat Razi Hospital Syed Pur
- Islamic Internation Medical College Trust
- Bahria International Hospital
- Christian Hospital
- Minsa Medical Center
- Sadaqat International Hospital Kahuta
- Rawalpindi Institute Of Cardiology
- Al-Syed Hospital
- Al Shahbaz Medical Complex Hospital
- Islamic Internation Medical College Trust
- Ali General Hospital Multan
- South Punjab Chest Clinic
- Ibn-E-Sina Hospital And Research Institute
- Bakhtawar Amin Hospital
- Aziz Hospital
- Shahzad Surgical Hospital
- Al Khaliq Patients Care
- Khurshid Rafique Hospital
- Al-Rehman Surgical Hospital
- Multan Surgical Hospital
- Mujahid Hospital Faisalabad
- Rathore Hospital
- Khair Un Nisa Hospital
- Fazal Ellahi Chatta Hospital
- Sughran Siddique Hospital
- Aslam Memorial Zakria Hospital
- Pinum Hospital
- Abu Bakar Clinic
- Maqsooda Zia Hospital
- Faisalabad International Hospital
- Fatima Bashir Hospital
- Iqra Medical Complex
- Butt Eye Hospital
- Muhammad Islam Teaching Hospital
- Salamat Hospital And Health Care Center
- Abdullah Medical Complex
- Rathore Institute Of Eye And Medical Complex
- Wazirabad Institute Of Cardiology
How to check eligibility for Sehat Insaf Card?
To check your eligibility status, you can call 0800-09009 to check your eligibility status for Sehat Insaf Card.
Can I use Sehat Insaf Card on my parent’s name?
You can use Sehat card issued to your parents’ name only if you are unmarried.
How to register for Sehat Card?
To register yourself, you need to send your CNIC number to 8500 via SMS.