The Schwarzman Scholarship in China is for International Students with high-caliber who have the potential and can be the leaders of tomorrow.
The purpose of this scholarship is to make sure that these leaders connect China with the rest of the world for better global development.
Schwarzman Scholars are just not decided based on academic history. However, they are chosen for their entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, character, and ability to act on the latest trends.
This is why all undergraduate degree holders are free to apply if they are proficient in English.
Schwarzman Scholarship 2020 In A Glance:
Host Country – China
Host University – Tsinghua University
Degree Level – Master Degree
Field of Study – Multiple Fields
Scholarship Coverage – Fully Funded (Air Travel included)
Number of Scholarships – 200
- The Schwarzman Scholarship will cover the following areas for the scholars:
- Complete tuition fees
- Room and boarding
- Flight expenses to and from Beijing from the home country at the beginning and the end of the academic year
- In-country study tours
- Course books and study supplies
- Health insurance
- $4000 overall stipend for personal expenses
Following are the mandatory eligibility requirements for the Schwarzman Scholarship 2020:
- Undergraduate degree/ first degree or any equivalent degree from an accredited institute. Those who do not have the degree right now and are currently in their undergraduate programs will have to complete this requirement by August 1.
- All degrees are welcomed and there is no specific field of study that is preferred over the other. However, the applicants have to justify why their undergraduate major or experience prepared them for the leadership potential in their respective fields
- Candidates should be at least 18 and maximum 28 years of age as of August 1.
- Candidates should have strong English language skills. No IELTS or TOEFL is required if the applicant’s academic degree had 2-years of English as the major language of study. For IELTS, the minimum score of 7, TOEFL PBT with 600 scores, and TOEFL iBT with a minimum 100 score is required otherwise.
The candidate has to submit the following documents for their chance to be considered for the spot:
- Online application
- Resume (2-page max)
- Academic qualifications and proofs
- Essays (2)
- Letter of recommendations
- Video personal statement (optional)
Other details on the requirements and sample application can be found here.
How To Apply?
To start with the application process, visit this website, create your account, and start filling in your details. The last date to apply is September 2020.