The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced the Schedule of Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) to be held on May 28, 2023.
The HEC via Education Testing Council (ETC) will conduct the Higher Education Aptitude Test for award of all HEC Scholarships and for admission in MS/ MPhil and PhD programs through a uniform, accessible, and transparent selection process.
Who Can Apply for Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)?
The HAT is being organized for those applicants:
- Who have already applied online for any MS/ MPhil & PhD admission or HEC Scholarships via E-Portal for further final selection process
- Who intend to apply for the Scholarship Schemes advertised in the future including those by the HEC sponsored Pakistani Universities.
- Who are interested in security admission in MS/ MPhil & PhD programs in Public and Private Universities of Pakistan.
Which HAT Versions to Apply for Based on Academic Streams?
The Test will be conducted in the following five categories on 16 years/ equivalent education and the students should register accordingly;
English / Verbal Reasoning
|Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics||30%||30%||40%||100%|
|HAT 2||Management Sciences, Business Education||30%||40%||30%|
|HAT 3||Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology (Clinical & Applied) and Law||40%||35%||25%|
|HAT 4||Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biology & Medial Sciences, Physical Sciences, Education, Media & Mass Communication||40%||30%||30%||100%|
|HAT-General||Religious Studies (Madrassa Graduates)||40%||30%||30%||100%|
The applicant must select the correct category while filling in the online form.
The Test Score will be valid for 2 years (for Scholarships and Admission in MS/ MPhil & PhD programs).
Date of Examination
- The Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) will be held on May 28, 2023 (tentatively).
- The applicants who register through the HEC online registration process will be able to download their Roll Number Slip from http://etc.hec.gov.pk and registered email address a week before the test date.
- Email/SMS will also be sent to registered applicants for test date, time, and venue.
- While filling out online application forms, Candidates are required to provide valid email/mobile numbers on which they wish to receive Roll Number Slips.
- A printout of Roll Number Slip and Original NIC will be required to enter the Test Centre on the Test Day.
How to Apply for Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)
- For registration, please visit the following link: http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- In case of any query during the online registration, visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk or visit HEC Regional Offices for guidance.
- Application Submission comprises of two steps: Profile completion using “My Profile” Section and application submission using “Higher Education Aptitude Test” links on the menu panel on the left-hand side bar of online portal.
- Only submitted applications will be considered for HAT and applications in save and incomplete mode will not be entertained.
- The test free for Higher Aptitude Test is Rs 2,000 per candidate. Candidates will deposit the fee amount in Habib Bank Limited (HBL) Account No 1742 7900 1334 01. The Title of Account: Higher Education Commission.
- Download Bank Fee Challan while registering for the test at http://etc.hec.gov.pk (Fee Challan is only available on ETC Online Registration Portal).
- All Candidates are required to upload the submitted Fee Challan, duly stamped by an HBL Branch while completing the application form of ETC Online Registration Portal to submit the application.
- The test free is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Deadline for Online Registration
- The last date for Online Registration is May 10, 2023.