Qureshi asks opposition not to do politics on Coronavirus

Qureshi asks opposition not to do politics on Coronavirus

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has asked the opposition parties not to do politics on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it is a national emergency and all the stakeholders will have to work collectively to defeat the virus.

In his remarks on the floor of the Senate in Islamabad on Tuesday, the foreign minister expressed the optimism to collectively surmount the challenge posed by the Coronavirus.

The foreign minister said that the national strategy against the contagion has been chalked out after taking inputs from all the federating units. He said that the National Coordination Committee (NCC) and National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) have been established to accommodate the inputs of the provinces.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that Prime Minister Imran Khan daily holds meetings and give directions to cope with the current situation.

The minister said that we have to protect the people from the Coronavirus, poverty, and starvation. He said that it will take time to flatten the curve of the virus.

Participating in the discussion, the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader Sherry Rehman said that national unity is need of the hour to deal with the unprecedented challenge posed by Coronavirus.

Sherry Rehman said that given the current situation, the focus of the next budget should be shifted to the safety and protection of the people.

While taking part in the debate, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz’s (PML-N) Senator Musadik Masood Malik said that the lockdown needs to be extended till Eid-ul-Fitr and then according to the nature and spread of the virus in different areas the country should be divided into green, yellow and red zones.

Senator Mushtaq Ahmed observed that around 60 percent of the businesses registered with Pakistan Stock Exchange are at a halt and remaining 40 percent are also having limited work.

Earlier, initiating discussion in Senate, the Leader of Opposition Raja Zafar-ul-Haq said that the federal and provincial governments should be on the same page to contain the spread of the Coronavirus.

Mati-Ullah is the Online Editor For DND. He is the real man to handle the team around the Country and get news from them and provide to you instantly.

Must read

Recent News

USD to PKR: USD Dollar Rate in Pakistan Today – 4 October 2023

The US Dollar (USD) was being bought and sold at Rs 283 and Rs 285.9 in the Open Market against the Pakistani Rupee (PKR)...
Gold Price in Pakistan Today – 16 September 2023

Gold Price in Pakistan Today – 4 October 2023

On Wednesday (October 04, 2023), the gold rate for one tola of 24-karat in Karachi, Pakistan, is Rs 201,100.000.It's important to note that gold...
Suzuki Mehran fuel tank capacity

Suzuki Mehran Fuel Tank Capacity and Mileage

Suzuki, A name synonymous with affordability and reliability. Suzuki has been a significant Manufacturer in Pakistan's automobile industry. The company gave back-to-back amazing models...
Netflix most popular movies and tv shows in October

Netflix Most Popular Movies and TV Shows in October 2023

List of Netflix Most Popular Movies and TV Shows in October 2023  October has arrived and you might be eagerly waiting for the new TV...

PTI demands open hearing of Imran Khan’s trial in Cipher Case

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Spokesperson vehemently rejected the Law Ministry’s notification to hold PTI Chairman Imran Khan’s trial in Adiala jail in...