ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) leader Dr Tahirul Qadri on Saturday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and the Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif, saying they have no right to stay in the government and should be arrested.
While presenting his charter of demands at the party rally in Islamabad, the PAT leader said that the revolution march won’t move from Islamabad until both the prime minister and the chief minister Punjab are arrested.
“Nawaz has no right to remain as the PM after the Lahore session courts’ decision to register a case against him and 21 of his government members in the Model Town clashes,” Tahirul Qadri said.
The PAT leader demanded that all the cabinet ministers should be put under the exit control list (ECL), and should not be allowed to leave the country.
Tahirul Qadri further demanded that the federal and the provincial assemblies must be dissolved immediately, saying two-thirds of the parliamentary members are corrupt and have no moral right to stay in the assemblies.
The PAT leader said that a new national government for democratic reforms be formed. He said that every leader, technocrat, bureaucrat, and public office holder be held accountable.
Dr Tahirul Qadri said that the national government should provide 10-point socio-economic package to the poor.
10-point socio-economic package for poor;
- Free housing,
- Interest-free loans,
- State health policy,
- Free compulsory education for all,
- Basic necessities for underprivileged on half rates,
- Utility bills to be reduced to half in first month,
- Home industries be established for economic independence of women,
- Pay structure be revised,
- Inequality of salaries be reduced.
Qadri’s other charter of demands include;
- Devolution of power,
- More provinces i.e. South Punjab, Hazara, Gilgit-Baltistan
- Minorities’ protection,
- Equal citizenship for all,
- End of sectarianism through legal amendment
- Local bodies system through devolution of power,
- Problems be solved in Union Councils,
- No corrupt officer to take charge of public office.
Dr Tahirul Qadri rejected the midterm elections, saying they want the revolution to change the system. He said that the revolution will come through the power of peace, and he will announce the revolution date shortly.