ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) will hold a massive public gathering to mark “Yaum-e-Tashakur” at Parade ground Park near Shakarparian, Islamabad on Wednesday after the Supreme Court of Pakistan decided to form an Inquiry Commission on Panama Papers issue.
Talking to PTI workers in Bani Gala on Tuesday, Imran Khan announced to observe “Yaum-e-Tashakur” (Thanksgiving Day) and said one million people would be gathered at Parade ground on Wednesday afternoon.
Traffic Plan for PTI Jalsa
Traffic around the area will be regulated as follows;
- Traffic coming from Peshawar will be parked on I-8 service road.
- Traffic coming from Lahore will be parked at Parade ground parking area.
- Traffic coming from Bhara kahu will be parked at Shakarparian parking area via Chand Tara Chowk.
- Diversion Plan
- Traffic coming from Airport will be diverted from Khanna Bridge towards Tarlai Road ( Tramri ) and vice versa for traffic leading towards Lahore.
- Traffic from Rawalpindi will be diverted on 9th Avenue.
- Expressway will be closed for traffic from Khanna Bridge to Zero point.
- Murree Road will be closed from Faizabad to Rawal Chowk.
- Kashmir Highway will be closed from Chand Tara Chowk toward Shakarparian.
In its ruling on Tuesday, the five-member larger bench of the Supreme Court sought Terms of Reference (TORs) from both Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and opposition parties including PTI on November 3 for formation of Commission that would probe the Panama leaks.
The Supreme Court also asked Sharif family members to submit their replies in the Court in two days with regard to allegations leveled against them.
Following the Supreme Court’s decision, the PTI Chief Imran Khan called off November 2 protest in Islamabad and announced to observe “Thanksgiving Day”.