ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) has launched tourists bus service between Rawalpindi and Naran to promote tourism in the country.
In his remark while inaugurating the bus service, the PTDC Managing Director Chaudhry Kabir Ahmed Khan said that the bus service will benefit both the national and foreign tourists.
The PTDC Managing Director said that the tourists will be accommodated in 60-room PTDC Naran motel situated on the bank of Naran River, adding that environment of Naran is very pleasant and peaceful.
Chaudhry Kabir announced that the corporation will soon start a similar bus service for Swat valley.
The government of Pakistan-owned PTDC aims to promote and develop tourism in Pakistan. It provides transportation to various areas and owns and runs several motels across the country.
- Projection of Pakistan as a tourist friendly destination.
- Marketing of Pakistan’s tourist products in tourist generating markets (at home & abroad)
- To act as a catalyst in encouraging the private sector to play active role in tourism promotion & development.
- Development of tourist infrastructure and services within the country
- Promotion of Domestic tourism.
The PTDC runs motels at a number of locations throughout the country to provide quality low cost accommodation for visitors. These motels are located at the following locations:
- Saidu Sharif