The internet is such a great place; you can do anything on here from streaming and socializing to gaming and shopping. The internet can be a great resource for shoppers looking to expand their choices of products to buy and is an invaluable way to save money. Online stores are highly competitive, not only with other online stores, but also with brick-and-mortar competitors. Price-comparison websites make deal hunting easier and also help guide shoppers to online stores with the best reputations by posting reviews submitted by other shoppers. Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular and convenient with each passing day, so much so that everything is just a click away for you to order. Pakistani websites like Getnow, Shophive and Buyoye are some of the rapidly emerging players in the Pakistani online shopping market. Now let’s have a look at their pros and cons.
- One of the most prominent benefits of shopping online is that, that it saves a lot of time. That time you save by shopping online rather than shopping physically can be spent elsewhere.
- It offers convenience, instead of looking for different things in different sections of a store, online shopping offers you the convenience of being able to buy any kind of stuff at one place. Online shopping websites such as Amazon and Alibaba are by far the best when it comes to online shopping.
- Online shoppers rarely have to deal with aggressive salespeople.
- Online shoppers do not have to wait in long lines to check out.
- Many online retailers allow shoppers to post reviews about the products that they purchased.
- There are more choices for buying refurbished products.
- Online sales representatives often receive more intensive product training than those at the local stores.
- Online sales representativesoften have more flexibility with making decisions such as applying coupons, meeting competitors’ prices and expediting shipping at no extra charge.
- One of the biggest drawbacks that the online shoppers have to deal with is that, they sometimes are delivered different product than what they actually needed.
- Online shoppers do not have the ability to physically inspect or try on the items being considered for purchase.
- Online shoppers sometimes lose the power to negotiate the price and payment terms that may exist in local stores.
- The legitimacy of a site is questionable.