Police Character Certificate or Clearance Certificate for Visa and Immigration Purposes 2021
Police Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by the concerned Police department in different cities of Pakistan signifying that the subject applicant of the Clearance Certificate has no criminal record during the specified period of his stay in the area or city.
Usually, this document is asked to be submitted if you are moving to another city or area apart from your own residence. This is basically an authentication that the subject application is all clear in his roles as a citizen of the society and there is no illegal activity he is involved in or remained so in the past.
Moreover, if you are planning for immigration or to study abroad, then you must be required to submit this certificate as proof of being a noble citizen.
Police Clearance Certificate Pakistan is also known as Police Character Certificate or Police Clearance Letter in different countries and cities. In big cities of Pakistan like Karachi, there are separate police departments within one city to issue a Police Clearance Certificate. It means if the applicant stayed at different places within one of these big cities then he might need to get multiple Police Clearance Certificates from the relevant police department of that area.
Here Are Requirements for Police Character Certificate
For the acquisition of Police Clearance or Character Certificate, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Duly filled in PCC Application Form (period of stay in Pakistan must be filled) Original signature is required on the form.
- Three Passport Size Photographs with white background duly attested by Justice of Peace (JP) or from Police Station.
- Copy of valid CNIC or NICOP attested by Justice of Peace (JP) or from Police Station (for Pakistanis only)
- Copy of valid Pakistani Passport attested by Justice of Peace (JP) or from Police Station (for Pakistanis only)
- Copy of Current Passport and previous Passport(s), if any, which confirm the stay in Pakistan. Please ensure to attach copy of visa for stay in Pakistan attested by Justice of Peace (JP) or from Police Station. (For Foreign National)
- Processing Fee A$ 20.00 and Mode of payment should be;
- In case of High Commission for Pakistan, Canberra, Postal Money Order / Certified Bank Cheque / Bank Draft in favor of “High Commission for Pakistan, Canberra”.
- In case of Consulate General of Pakistan, Melbourne, Postal Money Order / Certified Bank Cheque / Bank Draft in favor of “Consulate General of Pakistan, Melbourne”.
- Government / Semi Govt Employees should apply along with NOC obtained from the Head of Department.
- Self-addressed Express / Registered Post Envelope.
Processing Time Of Certificate
After receiving your applications for Police Character Certificate we forward them to Police Authorities in Pakistan for further processing. This process takes a minimum of 3-5 months or more and your Certificate will be issued after receiving clearance from Pakistan. Please note that we have no control over replies received from Police Authorities in various Districts of Pakistan. In some cases, they take a long time to reply and we have to wait for verification from their end. We regret any inconvenience caused in this regard.
Why Do We Need a Police Certificate?
Having a police certificate can be beneficial at a number of places and events across the globe. A police certificate is basically a report of an individual that speaks for all his/her legal records and character details. With the help of this document, any state authority or foreign authority can check the legal status of an individual. In Pakistan, there are several state departments that require a police certificate of the individuals at the time of job applications. If you are seeking government jobs or looking to apply for foreign immigration, your police certificate may help you a great deal.
How Long It Takes To Get a Police Certificate?
In most cases, the department requires a time window of about 3-5 months before the police certificate is finally issued to an individual. While this may be true, the time can also vary based on the records and details of each individual. It is important to know that the long time duration for issuing the certificate is due to the tracking and cross-checking of data to avoid any mistakes in the official document.