By Matthias Samuel
The government of Punjab recently launched a mobile application for all B2G (Business-to-Government) and P2G (Public-to-Government) online payments. The name of the application is epay, by PITB (Punjab IT Board).
The application is launched to facilitate the public and improve revenue collection through e-pay application. The application is available both on IOS and android devices.
This application accommodates the following government functions:
- Vehicle Token Tax
- New Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Ownership Transfer
- Property Tax
- Professional Tax
- Driving License Fee
- Municipal Complaints
- Police Complaints
Procedure to pay tax online:
The procedure to pay token tax is pretty simple the application makes everything very simple and easy to understand. Other functions of the application such as vehicle registration or property tax are still under development.
To pay token tax you just have to follow the following the steps:
- Install the application from play store (android) or app store (apple)
- The next step is to create an account
- Then you have to select excise and taxation
- Search for vehicle (basically it asks for the registration plate number)
- Then the application will generate challan
- The last step is to note the PISD number and make the payment
There are three methods of payments, which were also told by the Punjab’s Finance Minister, Makhdoom Hashim Jawan Bakht in a meeting of the finance department and PITB at the Punjab Revenue Authority (PTA), he said that “The program will allow people of Punjab to pay taxes using three different electronic payment channels; namely mobile banking, ATM and over the counter (OTC),”
Matthias Samuel is a student of history in Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) Islamabad, and occasionally writes blogs and articles.