The government of Pakistan has introduced Machine Readable Passports (MRP) for all Pakistanis who want to travel abroad. The validity of these passports ranges from 5 years to 10 years. These include digitally printed personal data and photograph along the bar code. Along with introducing MRP, Govt. of Pakistan has also initiated an official online portal. Here you will get to know everything about Passport renewal fee and new passport fees.
In this article, you will get to know all the needed information about passport renewal fee 2023, processing time, and required documents. So, keep reading.
New Passport Fee and Details
You cannot apply for a new passport using the official online portal. For the issuance of a new one, you have to visit the passport office for the initiation of the process. The charges for the new passport fee are provided by the Directorate of General Immigration and Passport. Have a look below:
For the application for a new passport or renewal of a passport, you need the following things:
- An up to 5MB Photograph
- A fingerprint form
- A Valid credit card for online payment
- Required Documents
Documents Required for Renewal of Passport
The requirement for documents varies according to general applicants, minors, and government employees.
- Scanned coloured copies of both sides of valid CNIC, Smart CNIC, or NCIOP.
- Coloured scanned copy of existing passport including the first two pages and any random page.
- Scanned Colored copies of iqama/ visa/ residence permit/ other nationality passport/ asylum card.
Minors Under the Age of 18
- Coloured scanned copies of either Computerized B-form, NICOP, Smart card (both sides), or Family Registration Certificate
- Copies of parents’ CNIC (Both sides)
- Guardian certificate/ Court decision in case of separation.
- Coloured scanned copy of the minor’s attestation form
- If the mother/father has passed away, the applicant has to provide a coloured scanned copy of the death certificate.
- Colour scanned copy of valid visa/iqama/residence permit/asylum card/another nationality passport
- Coloured scanned copies of valid CNIC, NICOP, or smart card (both sides)
- Government employees have to provide an NOC (No Objection Certificate) that is subject to verification from the concerned department.
- Scanned coloured copies of existing passport
- Coloured scanned copy of valid visa/iqama/residence permit/ asylum card/ another nationality passport
Passport Renewal Fee 2023
Here are the details about the Passport renewal fee 2023 according to the government of Pakistan on a normal as well as urgent basis. All the passport applicants shave to pay compulsory service charges of PKR 2500 and applicable taxes.
|Fee for 05 YEARS Validity
( + Applicable taxes)
|Fee for 10 YEARS Validity
( + Applicable taxes)
The delivery charges for renewed passports vary according to the location. If you are delivering it abroad, the cost is subject to the country of delivery. Within Pakistan, at your location, the charges are PKR 250. However, if you want the delivery to the passport office or Foreign mission, the delivery is free.